Pioneer vsx 917s OR Denon avr-1907 OR Yamaha RX-v1800

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Experts!

I am new in this world. And would like to start to have my own home theatre in my home with the small budget that I have.

I have dilemma to choose one of these amplifiers:
emotion-43.gif

Pioneer vsx 917s OR Denon avr-1907 OR Yamaha RX-v1800

Appreciate your review and advice. I am more to dvd movies. I know this is very subjective but I really need you...the experts to give me advices....doesn't matter if it is your personal view.

For speakers I have bought ALTEX: Liberty Series and Monitor bookshelf.

And also I thought to add MISSION M3c2i centre front speaker to swap with my Altex Liberty centre....should I do that?

thanks in advance!
emotion-2.gif

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
It's always a good idea to go with the same make/model for the front and center speakers, so unless you're planning to go for matching Mission speakers for the front, I would just stick with the Altex.

Now I'm not familiar with Altex speakers, but I'm making an assumption here that the Yamaha RX-V1800 is a bit too good for them, so I would go for the Denon AVR-1907 among the three models you mentioned.

A

Anonymous

So what if that Denon against yamaha rx-v661? I don't need an i-pod tho.actually I got a good bargain for Denon & Yamaha but not 2 waste d money....I want to ensure my 1st investment would last atleast 2 or 3 years....

Thanx!

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I would still go for the Denon between the two. Can you get a good deal on Onkyo? Personally, I hate their looks, but WHF seem to be very impressed by their performance, and their models swept the AV Receiver category in the recent WHF Awards 2007.

A

Anonymous

Thanx!
In Malaysia Onkyo is not that famos anymor. Not many carry that brand. My supplier dun carry that as well....sorry can't help u on that...

Lot of things I hav 2 learn still. Just got few advice from people dropped by at the shop...they helped me to understand the product spec sheet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts