Pioneer SC-LX85 lip synch issues HELP PLEASE !!

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I am running a Pioneer SC-LX85 which is connected to the pioneer SC-LX55 Blu ray player via HDMI

The problem is every DVD / Blu Ray I play has a different amount of audio - Video delay meaning im constantly having to adjust the audio delay. THe Auto Delay feature on the amp does help but isnt perfect, they is still a visable difference between the display and the audio

I watched a number of Music DVDs on Fri night and noticed they all varied in terms of synch of audio and video. Some were more that a second out!! and some had the audio too late which meant I would somehow need to delay the video signal....

Help Please !!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I don't think any receiver has a perfect auto lip sync feature. Unfortunately, it does vary with films, as well as TV broadcasts. Setting it to 100ms is usually a good compromise.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I don't think any receiver has a perfect auto lip sync feature. Unfortunately, it does vary with films, as well as TV broadcasts. Setting it to 100ms is usually a good compromise.

That's weird, I've never had a problem with any Blu-ray or DVD but then I'm using multi-channel outs for audio. SkyHD sometimes gets its knickers in a twist, usually if I FF right from the start of a recorded program but just stopping and starting sorts it out. Sometimes it'll do it changing to an HD channel (always ITV1HD thinking about it) but flicking up a channel and back down sorts that out.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I've had the Sky HD issue too, very annoying sometimes.

Most broadcasts tend to be incorrect (although many people don't see it), and films vary so much (I'll watch about 7-12 films per week). I've had some films up as far as almost 200ms, and down as low as 50/60ms. The other issue is that lip sync can vary during a film too, from scene to scene.

TRENDING THREADS