Visit site
I have the following home cinema system:

Pioneer SC-LX82

Pioneer LX52 blue ray player

Pioneer 37 inch LCD Kuro TV

B&W XT4 speakers front and rear

B&X XTC centre speakers

REL T3 subwoofer

As yet I have no in terconnect cables. Can anyone suggest suitable cables for connecting:

Speakers

LX52

TV

Subwoofer

to LX82

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Two things:

1. The cables QED silver anniversay cables are really good.

2. Once you have got it set up I would like to know how your system sounds please. Have you already heard this set up?

Or did you just buy it on good reviews? What does it sound like please.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have a similar system and the cables I have match it very well.

If I was buying that system now I would opt for 3 chord hdmi active cables (expensive at £115 each but whsv did have a offer on where you got one free if you signed up for 6 months subscription). If thats too expensive I would be v tempted to try out the cable from Mark Grant (google them) for £27 each Between those two I would also give the £50-£60 copper-line hdmi cable a shot from clearer audio. Clearer Audio do, do a 60 day money back guarantee too.

Speaker Cables

Chord Rumour 2 cable for your front & centre (or Rumour 4 for your fronts if your fronts are bi-wirable / bi-ampable). From memory Rumour 2 is about £10 a metre, Rumour 4 is double that.

I have both of the above and I have black rhodium T50 for the rears. This is about £3 a metre ( I think). It's very small and fits very neatly between the my carpet grippers and the wall.

My knowledge of subwoofer cables is limited but I use a QED miniature cable which again is very small and neat and does the job very well.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have been looking at the sclx81 and the denon bt2500 undecided on speakers, what is your views on the 82 over the 81, As i cant seem to find any reviews as yet on 82,

Look forward to any views on pairing up with speakers

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi Wayne.

The LX82 is brand new so there haven't been any reviews (to my knowledge) on it yet. I would imagine there would be a small increase in performance which will be barely noticable to most people (famous last words I know). What may happen is the LX81 (which is a great amp btw) will drop in price with the introduction of the new model. May be worth waiting a month or so to find out.

And I believe the denon will be a great match for it. Although there is a lot of noise at the moment about the OPPO blu-ray player (OPPO-831 I think).

With reference to speakers depends on what you are after but I was in exactly the same position as you a couple of months ago. Eventually i went for the tannoy revoluton signature DC6's with a sunfire subwoofer and they look and sound great. I'm always cautious about recommending stuff but i have no hesitation with these. Once they have been given some time to run in they are brilliant.

I did also consider

1. Tannoy Revolution Signature (based on DC4)

2. Monitor Audio RS6 Silver AV

3. Dali Ikon 6 5.1

4. Tannoy Arena Highline 500

Other packages I initially considered but eventually dismissed were

£ MK 750 THX

£ B&W XT Series

£ B&W 683 Theatre

I got my kit from the home cinema centre in edinburgh which although is over 250 miles away from me gave me great service. I'll be honest and say i didn't actually audition the speakers. I just went on recommendation but I don't regret buying them for an instant.

A

Anonymous

Barnsley Dave,

Thanks for the help i have been looking at all you mentioned, In great detail

I am very pulled to the monitor audios , Also may go for the pioneer lx52 blueray instead of the denon. It is hard to find a shop which does all the kit for a demo and as i would want to do BNPL as it is a big purchase, My original plan was to do a step at a time, but as my pkg at mo is all in one. Buying an amp or speakers on there own is no good to me,

So hole in pocket looming

Again tho many thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

Yes Its not cheap this home cinema lark is it?

I think the LX52 would match very well with the LX81 or LX82 amp. Not only do they work well together, they look good together too. The Pioneers have something on them called "kuro-link" or "hdmi control". It theory it enables all your pioneer products to run off the same remote. However in practice its usually best to have it turned off (I do & I still control the vast majority of the amp,blu-ray and tv functions from the amp remote).

I must admit I do love my pioneer products but if I was looking now I would be tempted to look at the OPPO-831 blu-ray player.

Yes the monitor audio's are something I did consider. They were about the same price as the DC4 Tannoy Revolutions.

If possible try and demo them. I didn't and I got away with it, but its a lot of £££ to spend if you don't like them once you have bought them. If demo-ing isn't possible ask the potential retailer if you can return the speakers if you don't like them.

Good luck and enjoy anyway.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts