pioneer sc-lx81

BlueGeoff

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
hi, i am looking to upgrade my system, i was really impressed with the write up of the new pioneer. i have the Denon av1sr, which is a fantastic amp,but unfortunatly no HDMI or ethernet. so its time to upgrade. i have a dreamvision one projector although no hd inputs the budget is not endless so a new projector will have to wait a while as i also need to buy a speaker package that is wall mountable. i am running mission 782 up front and with a new addition of a 2yr son they are not at all practical. i am looking to spent about 1k on speakers. what should i buy??

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,ÿ

I would go for theÿKEF KHT3005SE, it'll go perfectly with your amp and isÿmountable. ÿYou can get them for less than 1k if you look aroundÿ

A

Anonymous

I have the SC-LX81 with the KEF 3005SE package and it's OK, but to be brutally honest the LX81 is serious overkill for these speakers - something like the Dali package would be more appropriate.

Of course I take your point about needing to wallmount the speakers. I picked the 3005SEs because of lack of space also. In some ways though I wish I'd saved the cash and got a Yamaha 863 or an LX51. Then again, if you have a projector and a TV you might appreciate the dual HDMI outputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts