Pioneer PDP-LX5090 or SAMSUNG UE46B8000 46 LED INTERNET TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which one, Samsung is LCD and has 200hz, LED Backlight, 4 HDMI, Networking, the pioneer looks good, but lacks of features!

Samsung is £2000, pioneer is £2200

Which one, please tell, thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hiya AJ

My cousin has a 42" Pioneer Kuro. I am contemplating the 46" Samsung 7020 LED (£1550 inc vat + del)

I had an audition of the Samsung LED 2 weeks ago. Blue Ray definetely seemed to outshine many other TV's I have seen. I also looked at the Sony Z series which has a thicker frame (styling not to my taste).

I watched the Barcelona/Man United game last week on the Pioneer Kuro in HD. The pitcure is very nice indeed and the sound is very good too.

From what I have seen of this particular Pioneer and the Samsung, my money will be swapping places with the Samsung in exactly 3 weeks! The pitcure quality, features and gorgeous finish will look stunning in my new house on top of an Alphason stand!

Jay

A

Anonymous

I sort of agree with you, the samsung has loads of features, but is the image quality better than the Pioneer? The pioneer got 5 stars from what hifi, but it's an old TV, I am really stuck!

Pioneer is easily the best TV in the market. Even though it's old (actually, it was launched only last year!!), no other TV comes close to it, performance wise. Some TVs are catching up, but have not reached there yet.

Pioneer is £200 more than Samsung, but remember that Pioneer is a bigger TV.....so theoretically, it's not more expensive than Samsung!

You can get a Pioneer for £2099.......and even more cheaper if you buy AV components with it. Check this out: http://www.sevenoakssoundandvisionoffers.co.uk/offers.htm

ajharris:

Which one, Samsung is LCD and has 200hz, LED Backlight, 4 HDMI, Networking, the pioneer looks good, but lacks of features!

Samsung is £2000, pioneer is £2200

Which one, please tell, thanks!

1) LCD vs plasma: People have different opinions. I personally prefer the plasma....pictures look more realistic. Why don't you pop down to your local Currys store and check for yourself....if you prefer LCD or plasma? LCD is no better than plasma....it's just that you'll see more LCDs in the market....simply because you won't get plasmas smaller than 37 inches.

2) 200Hz: In real life, most people prefer to turn the 200Hz option off. In any case, plasmas inherently lack the motion blur which the LCDs exhibit....so they don't really need a 200Hz technology.

3) 4 HDMI: You can always buy an HDMI splitter if you really need more. If you're buying a home cinema system with a home cinema receiver as well, you won't need any more than 1 HDMI in your TV. All your equipments will connect to the receiver.

4) Networking: Yes, this Pioneer doesn't have networking, but you can buy a blu-ray player with this facility......nowadays even the cheapest players have this feature. You can network through PS3 as well.

Google "Pioneer PDP-LX5090 review" and check all the reviews....you won't find a single negative review. most of the reviewers have hailed the Pioneer as the best TV they have ever seen.

By no means am I saying that Samsung is a bad TV. It's a very good TV, and you won't be disappointed by it, but if you want the very best....go for Pioneer.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
It's a good tv but not without it's foibles. I will wait a month or so for the latest new sets, Samsungs UE468000 being my favorite at present. Sold my 5090 mainly due to size.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
ajharris:I took your advice and bought the Pioneer!
emotion-2.gif

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

The Pioneer I bought, the one in question here - is SIMPLY stunning. Hook it up to some real good source material - Sky HD or a Decent Blu Ray Player - infact even on the ps3 the TV shines on all accounts. Excellent choice - I bought mine after Andrew gave me the recommendation over the Sony 52W5500 - Id hug him to be honest :)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Pioneer PDP-LX5090 remains our reference set.

Other sets are closing the gap, but it's still where my money would go if I were buying a 50in set (or indeed a 60in one, if you factor in its 6090 big brother).

We're still hunting for the set that's going to replace it as our reference once it's no longer on sale.... but with, as mentioned, some promising premium contenders still to come in this year's model cycles, we remain hopeful!

A

Anonymous

ajharris:I took your advice and bought the Pioneer!
emotion-2.gif

Wise choice. This is an absolutely stunning TV!

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I seriously doubt we will see any 2009 sets that outperforms LX5090 on picture quality! If you are really pessimistic it might be several years. My best guess would be one of the 2010 Panasonic plasma sets.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Mmmh. I'd cautiously say there are current products that at least equal and in certain areas 'better' a Kuro. In others it probably can't be surpassed of what I've seen. It's a very good tv but not the total allrounder some describe it.

To the OP, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts