Pioneer PDP-428XD buzzing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had a Pioneer PDP-428XD since December, and I've recently noticed a buzzing sound coming from it, during quiet scenes, or if I mute the sound. I have the TV's speakers turned down all the way all the time, as I use an Onkyo receiver and 5.1 speakers for all the sound.

I'm not certain whether the TV buzzed like this from the beginning, and I'm only noticing it recently, or whether it has only really started buzzing in the last couple of weeks.

It's not the end of the world or anything - I can't really hear it with normal volume levels, only when it gets quiet. I was just wondering if this is normal, and how much of a buzz I should expect to put up with.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Thanks nads. I can just get over it and live with it if it's considered to be normal. Just wanted to be sure I didn't have a defective model or anything.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have 2 Plasma sets and neither of them buzz, well not to a degree that you could hear it from your seated position only ever so slightly with your head right next to the set. My brother recently purchased a Panasonic 50"" and that had a buzz that you could clearly hear as you have described to which he asked me if I thought this was normal to which I told him to contact the Panasonic shop from where he got it. They tried to fob him off saying it was normal but He persisted and eventually they arranged for a engineer to visit. The end result was a replacement set as His one had a fault on the main board with arcing causing the BUZZ. So if this BUZZ was NORMAL then how comes the replacement set is as quiet as a mouse???

peanutfrenzy

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Have a look at your 'power save' settings - low energy modes can cause or exaggerate buzzing. I gather this is because things are turned on and off rapidly, rather than just being left on. It might help, it might not.

A

Anonymous

I noticed the slight buzzing sound when I first set up the 428XD but it is only when you are next to it and all other audio equipment is off. Anyway, the manual already states that there will be a slight buzzing sound which is normal. If you can hear it from where you sit, then I'm surprised.

On another totally unrelated note, I would like to ask anyone some seemingly simple questions.

1. Is the "mute" function only for short term use? Or is it OK to use the "mute" function for long periods i.e. hours on end.

2. Nowadays TV sets like the Pioneer 428XD and the like have so many picture processing functions i.e. Intelligent mode, ACL, CTI, Block NR, Mosquito NR, Enhancer, Room Light Sensor, etc,etc. However, when you read reviews, most testers switch all these off......what do most of you do?

A

Anonymous

I've discovered that the buzzing can only really be heard when you're viewing the screen head on. We sit about 3m from the screen, and if you move away from the direct centre line of the TV, the buzzing fades away. I now find myself picking a seat that puts me viewing the TV at an angle, rather than head on!

Is this normal? Has anybody else experienced this? I'm reluctant to try to return the TV for repair or replacement, partly because of the hassle of it all, and partly because the manual says that buzzing is normal. I'm tearing my hair out - after paying so much for the TV!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts