pioneer or denon

pete.g

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my amp and i am torn between the Pioneer VSX1019 and the Denon AVR2310. I have read some great reviews about the Denon but the Pioneer appeals because i am using a pioneer blu ray and a PDPLX5090 Kuro plasma. Has anyone got the pioneer? I really cant make up my mind on this so any help would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2457

Bright Brigade
emotion-60.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:Bright Brigade
emotion-60.gif

Meaning?

Pioneer amps are bright on the wrong speakers Frank Harvery Hi Fi said the other day

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

I love a nice Harvery - is this your first time at a Carvester?

But really just parroting others' opinions doesn't help very much...

Appologies, I just thought that is what everyone say's when pioneer and bright get mentioned, it did not mean anything.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I am going through a Pioneer phase at the moment and now have two of their CD players on my rack, the older PD-S801 with its stable platter, upside down reading mechanism and a newer PD-D6-J SACD player. I wouldn't say they were especially bright-sounding and gpi say: one man's bright is another man's crystal clear. :eek:)

pete.g

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
while all the comments are very interesting (though confusing) i am still none the wiser

is the Pioneer too "bright" for my speakers? or is the Denon the safer option?

Thanks all

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
personally I liked my old Pioneer, and found it difficult to adjust to my Denon amp. It really depends on what you like. Bear in mind also, if you've got a room with lots of hard surfaces, the brighter amps tend to rattle around a bit, and likewise, if you're living in an overly cushioned space, maybe it'll be perfick. Have a listen to each - a great way to spend a Saturday morning!

A

Anonymous

My Pio 82 combined with the MA RX's doesn't sound "Bright" to me I am very happy with my lot
emotion-21.gif

Sound's good, look's good, and well built, couldn't ask for more
emotion-1.gif

But I have read the B&W's can be "Bright" with the Pio's

Horses and all that.

TRENDING THREADS