Pioneer N-50 streamer

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Recently purchased the Devialet 200 and have to make a decision on what sources to keep.
Currently have a MF CLIC which cant be connected digitally, so may keep the MFMI CD Transport too for now.
Thought of the above as a temporary fix. it has a digital output so should perform better than the CLIC? Is this too simplistic.?
It would connect to my NAS I would assume and also has the internet radio. It also has spotify connect which the CLIC does not have.

If it did the same job only better because of the digital connection then it would appear to be a no brainer solution. i would actually reduce my boxes and have some spare cash.

I am assuming it would sound better or just as good as the CLIC as a digital connection.

Any comments once again appreciated.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I felt very let down by the lack of firmware updates and support from Pioneer on the original N-50. The control app is an absolute joke, I use the BubbleUPnP app to great effect so there is a work around. I was also disappointed that they never added Spotify support yet I believe firmware updates on other networked devices were made availble. Perhaps some technical bods will imform me that this wasn't possible on the N-50...As for the sound on my unit I'm still as impressed as ever. I'm sure the updated 'A' version which handles all the latest file types will be even more impressive. I can't comment on how it compares with your existing hardware. For me though it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.... I won't be upgrading to another Pioneer product because of the aforementioned lack of support for the early model.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
I felt very let down by the lack of firmware updates and support from Pioneer on the original N-50. The control app is an absolute joke, I use the BubbleUPnP app to great effect so there is a work around. I was also disappointed that they never added Spotify support yet I believe firmware updates on other networked devices were made availble. Perhaps some technical bods will imform me that this wasn't possible on the N-50...As for the sound on my unit I'm still as impressed as ever. I'm sure the updated 'A' version which handles all the latest file types will be even more impressive. I can't comment on how it compares with your existing hardware. For me though it's a case of once bitten, twice shy.... I won't be upgrading to another Pioneer product because of the aforementioned lack of support for the early model.

Thats exactly the type of feedback i was looking for thanks. Its funny because that is my one criticism of MF too. Software never updated and app is very poor and basic in my opinion.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
that in the What Hifi review of the Pioneer N-50A they commented briefly that the control app was impressive. I then searched online for further details yet struggled to find any info relating to this. I thought the control app was used across a variety of Pioneer products, within the app you then select your hardware to control, maybe this is individually taylored? I was still surprised when no further updates were avalible for my unit.

The original feels like a quality piece of kit though. The remote, although very sturdy is impossible to use in the dark, hence the need for a quality control app. If you have a lot of digital music files (I have over 3TBs on my NAS) it takes an absolute age to scroll through a page at a time, no search function, no album art, not good enough!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts