Pioneer lx52 bluray player , still good today ?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Been offered a pioneer lx52 bluray player at a good price . they were around the 500-550 mark when first out and am able to get a new one for 190 .

Now i read they got a 5star rating but that was a while back and things have moved on . is this still a worthy player in todays market ? or am i better of going with a sony 570 for similar money ? just thought it looked a good buy for the money but has been around for about 18months so maybe not ? i only need a player for watching dvd/blu rays and thats it !

A

Anonymous

I have had both of the players that you have mentioned so am in a good position to give my tuppence worth. the pioneer is by far a superior player as far as quality is concerned. it is a fantastic player and is definatly worth what youd be paying for it. the sony is a much cheaper quality product and although it has extra functionality such as dlna and the third dimentional viewing, those are worth less in my opinion than the raw quality that you get from the pioneer. if you need the newer features, go for the sony. if quality means more to you, go for the pioneer. if you want both, go for a newer model pioneer...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I use one in a second system. If you just want a good quality Bluray player that plays DVD's very well too, you're onto a winner. I've only had one disc throw a bit of a wobbly so far, which also played up in a Sony and a Panasonic.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:I use one in a second system. If you just want a good quality Bluray player that plays DVD's very well too, you're onto a winner. I've only had one disc throw a bit of a wobbly so far, which also played up in a Sony and a Panasonic.

Hi DAVID, I have also got the LX52 and I am very, very happy with it's picture and sound quality but is it worth me selling it and then buy the newer LX53 version which is selling quite cheap but what i do not understand is that when the LX52 came out it had a rrp of £550 and only a couple of month's later the newer LX53 was introduced and that had a rrp of £250 so what is going on, have they used cheaper component's or what because it more or less cost's half the rrp of the LX52. The confusing other aspect is if you read about the LX53 it state's that it use's better true audiophile component's, an armoured chassis and better dampning/ suspension etc over the LX52 but is it any better. I thought i'd ask you as you are associated with FRANKHARVEYHIFI and would have the oppertunity to compare diffirent component's. Thank's

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Good feedback then . all i want is good sound and picture , i dont need any of the side trimmings such as internet/3d etc etc . it will be used with my pz42 pany , virgin v+ , ps3 (fat) and maybe new amp + speakers . i dont use the ps3 much for gaming just for blu rays but i know i can get a lot better with a dedicated br machine .

so the lx52 looks a good deal then .

A

Anonymous

LOST:

Been offered a pioneer lx52 bluray player at a good price . they were around the 500-550 mark when first out and am able to get a new one for 190 .

Now i read they got a 5star rating but that was a while back and things have moved on . is this still a worthy player in todays market ? or am i better of going with a sony 570 for similar money ? just thought it looked a good buy for the money but has been around for about 18months so maybe not ? i only need a player for watching dvd/blu rays and thats it !

'Lost'.....'Pray Tell' where you can purchase the 52' at that price please?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
my local dealer who i spent 1400 with a couple of years ago plus my dad and a few other family members who ive sent there for plasmas offered me a brand spanky new one for above price ! think he said he had about 3 units left that have been sitting out the back for a while now so wants em gone . i went in looking for a sony and said i had 200 notes to spend and along came his offer :)

looks like many retailers who have some left are doing them for 250 atm so have a look around .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts