Pioneer LX5090

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to upgrade my Pioneer PDP436 with the LX5090, i know ther are mostly unavailable these days but have come across 1 for £1700 which is a bargain but it turns out it is ex-repair but does have a 12 month warranty.

Is it worth the risk buying an ex-repair TV or am i better off looking for a different screen as an upgrade?

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
gavin101:

I want to upgrade my Pioneer PDP436 with the LX5090, i know ther are mostly unavailable these days but have come across 1 for £1700 which is a bargain but it turns out it is ex-repair but does have a 12 month warranty.

Is it worth the risk buying an ex-repair TV or am i better off looking for a different screen as an upgrade?
Strange definition of bargain. Mine cost £1795 with a 5 year Pioneer warranty and home delivery. I wouldn't touch it at that price.

A

Anonymous

I got an ex repair LX5090 from richer sounds 3 weeks ago for the same price and warranty I downloaded a program to check how many hours are on it and it had only done 320 hours sounds like a bargain to me!

A

Anonymous

I use the term bargain in the sense that everywhere else have them as discontinued and as a result un-available and when i have been lucky enough to find one it has been £3000+

I would be more than happy to pick up a new Pioneer for a similar price but sadly can't find them anywhere.

Scene

They did not sepcify if it was a Pioneer engineer or other, it is through Richer sounds so not sure if they use their own in house engineers or send the TV's off to the relevant engineers.

scene

gavin101:
Scene

They did not sepcify if it was a Pioneer engineer or other, it is through Richer sounds so not sure if they use their own in house engineers or send the TV's off to the relevant engineers.

You might want to ask - might make a difference if you have any problems. Also, as another poster said, check the number of hours viewed - it's on the service menu - wouldn't buy one that has been used as display model day-in, day-out for the last two years...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
stokes2608:I got an ex repair LX5090 from richer sounds 3 weeks ago for the same price and warranty I downloaded a program to check how many hours are on it and it had only done 320 hours sounds like a bargain to me!

You only need to get into the service menu to check hours. Whats this program you speak of, and how do you connect a laptop (I assume) to the tv??

A

Anonymous

you use a five pin serial cable the website to download the program is http://www.4shared.com/file/245528940/a865bd7c/KuroTIMEsetup.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts