Pioneer KRP 500A Picture/sound problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, so appologies in advance.

After reading many reviews and such finaly found a KRP 500A and had it installed today. Was really looking forward to great viewing, but now i feel like cutting my wrists £3,000 seem to have wasted.

The problem is, every few seconds the picture and sound freeze for a split second! It's akin to sky/terrestrial bad reception during bad weather, the only differece being, it's a gorgeous day. I have tried to play with the settings but it has not worked. I'm connected to sky + and sony amp. No Hi-def sources yet (looking for a good deal with sky HD). Have also checked the connections.

I feel really really really bad. Can anybody help?

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'd be surprised if it's anything to do with the TV, unless of course putting your old TV back makes it stop. Does it do with the onboard satellite tuner or the freeview tuner?

Incidentally Sky should NOT go wrong in bad weather, mine used to be terrible, the slightest hint of rain in the air and I'd lose BBC1 with all other channels following close behind. I recently upgraded to SkyHD and the installer told me the original fitter hadn't bothered putting the water shield on the LNB where the cables are attached, he replaced the LNB, re-cut the ends of the cables and reattached them, with the shield and I've never had any problems since, even in torrential rain. I'd suggest having a word with Sky.

What's wrong with the current deal for SkyHD?

A

Anonymous

Thanks the_lhc

Not sure about freeview or satellite tuner? I never had freeview (to my v.limited knowledge), and always used the sky dish with sky+ to watch tv. Incidentley, when I watch recorded programmes on sky+ the problem doesn't occur! It only seems to be when I watch tv!! Do you think it's because I have no HD sources?

Interesting about your sky issue, mine still goes haywire in bad weather. What current deal are you referring to. £49 + £30 for installation! There was, until very recently, deals through 'moneysavingexpert.co.uk' whereby you got cashback (£55) which meant you had a better deal. But no more. Pity.

Should I get an engineer to look at my setup (this'll no doubt be costly) but I want to enjoy the deep blacks and flawless picture that pioneer are renowned for. I hate the fact that I spent such a large amount of money on a pioneer for a picture quality that I could have got from, say a Samsung or Panny. :-(

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS