pioneer dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can you help me decide on which equipment to pick, i'm keeping my speaker package,(B&W 600 s3,Fronts603s,centre lcr60, rears 601 and ASW 675 sub.)I'm going for pdp-lx5090 or krp-500a plasma, vsx-lx51, sc-lx71 or 81 receiver, bdp-lx71 or 08 bluray. What do you think?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We're reviewing the LX08 for next month's Blu-ray round-up (out Jan 8th) - with particular reference to its performance vs the other Pioneer players

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

ÿ

I have seen in your Pioneer posts around the 24th of May that the LX71 & LX08 should be firmware upgradeable. Would that upgrade for for BD Live? Would the respective unit need to have an ethernet port installed on the unit?

This answer and the review in the Jan 8th 2009 issue is the only thing stopping me buying a Bluray player before the sales end.

ÿThanks,

ÿ

Michael Oliverÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

From what I see the KRP's beat the PDP's hands down and I have a mate bought the LX71 and thinks its the business. I'm looking into the SC-LX90 myself.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Damien. I purchased my Pioneer BDP-LX71 about 5-6 weeks ago, and apart from the slow-ish disc load-up times, I am very happy with the performance of this unit - both visually and sonically.

I have done a couple of firmware updates (one of them apparently was to speed up disc load times, of which I have not personally felt an improvement, while the other was to improve SD DVD play-back amongst other things) on my unit. Pioneer initially indicated January 2009 (which is this month) for on-board decoding of DTS-HD Master Audio to be made available via firmware update, but it seems to have been pushed out to February now. Not that it matters anything to me, as I bitstream everything to utilise my Marantz AV8003's decoding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts