Pioneer blu ray fuse help!!

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I hope some of you guys can help me! I had all my av equipment out for a good clean and to make space for my new B&W HTM62 speaker. It took me longer than I thought due to work commitments to get a chance to put it all back together again and numpty here as got my power cables mixed up :help:

I am now not sure which "fig. 8" cable I need for my Pioneer BDP-140 blu ray player. I have found a fig.8 cable with a 5 amp fuse but I dont think this is the right cable and 5amp fuse seems a bit high for a blu ray player? (correct me if I'm wrong). The manual makes no mention of fuse rating and surprisingly couldnt find anything at all after a quick google. If someone with the same blu ray wouldnt mind having a check of the ruse rating it would be very much appreciated!!!!

Cheers guys!

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
How many figure of 8 power cables have you got? Are there different types of fuses in each?

hi big boss thanks for your help.I seen to have collected spares over the years, I have 2 fig.8s with 5 amp fuses and onewith a 3 amp fuse. Annoyingly I'm pretty sure the ps3 is 5 amp leaving one 3 amp and one 5 amp fuse for the blu ray. Can't believe it's not in the manual!

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The Pioneer BDP-140 Blu-ray player only pulls 23 watts of power so a 3 amp fuse maximum would be plenty big enough. I have a 3 amp fuse on my TV that pulls around double that power, so no worries.

Regards ..

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks chaps for your help, i did some quick calculations too and neither the ps3 nor the blu ray pull anywhere near 3 amp. Think I'll buy some 3 amp fuses and stick them in both just for my own peace of mind!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts