Pioneer BDP320 worth the extra £50 over the Sony 370?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading the review of the blu ray players in the recent issue, and with it seeming to better the 760 (which I was going to purchase) I was wondering whether it seems to beat most players now.

Of course there are better but at what point do these begin to appear?

My other preference was the Pioneer BDP 320, so is this worth the extra 50 pound (I have seen for 190-200) or should I plump for the 370? I like the 370 just want as good a picture and sound for my money as possible.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi and thanks. Cheers for the link too.

Apparently the 370 (according to WHF) pips the 760 for pic AND sound. I am not too fussed about features but would prefer a better build than appears to be the case for the 370. However if the pic and sound are that good then I am not that bothered.

I still wonder though if something like the Pioneer 320 beats the 370 in the Audio and visual Dept?

I am assuming (and hoping) that the Sony 373 model (as sold in Sony centres) is exactly the same bar the remote, as with the 360/363 as this is what I am planning on. The guy in the Sony centre said he will give £30 pound off the RRP if I bring in a VCR or DVD player. So out of the attic comes my old Panasonic VCR, it still has some use! Great promotion they are doing, brings the price down to £150 now!

A

Anonymous

hi,i dont have a direct comparison with the sony370,i had the 360 though and my pioneer 320 beats it clearly in every department.but for £190 including postage i am well happy with my pioneer.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

For closure I purchased the sony 370. The clincher was that it plays MKV files straight out of the box and the Sony Centre were doing an offer on the 373 model (same as 370 apart from backlit remote) where if you brought in a VCR or DVD player they knock £30 off!

So I got the 370 for £150. Looks and sounds amazing! Love it. It is my first Blu Ray player and I lucked out.
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts