Pioneer Bdp-lx71 VS Pioneer Bdp-lx91 Picture?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Purely picture has anyone compared the two?

What out of 10 would you give both?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

We all know the answer to this one, Gel. 10/10 for the LX-91.

A

Anonymous

The picture quality of the LX-71 is identical to the 51FD - no difference at all. I had both and preferred my BD35 - I sold both, so I guess that answers your question.

I only sold my BD35 for the Denon 2500BT which gave me superior performance.

So, the LX-71 is a long way off from the LX-91.

D

Deleted member 2457

EvilWolf:We all know the answer to this one, Gel. 10/10 for the LX-91.

How about the 71 because on all of the on line reviews it gets 10 as well.

D

Deleted member 2457

ValianTX:

The picture quality of the LX-71 is identical to the 51FD - no difference at all. I had both and preferred my BD35 - I sold both, so I guess that answers your question.

Are you sure it's a long way off?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

So in the specs the 71 has 36 bit deep colour and the 91 has 48 bit deep colour?

So is that where the big difference is?

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:Yes. Though the full extent of the '91's superiority would only become apparent with larger displays/projectors.

How large for full?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Raw tech-spec data only tells part of the story - as we've said so many times, the picture-processing software/engineering is paramount. The time manufacturers spend tuning/tweaking their high-end models is far greater than that of the more mass-market products.

A

Anonymous

gel:ValianTX:

Are you sure it's a long way off?

Thanks

Why don't you take your LX-71, go to a dealer and audition the LX-91 for yourself and compare them?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel:
Clare Newsome:Yes. Though the full extent of the '91's superiority would only become apparent with larger displays/projectors.

How large for full?

Thanks

I'd put a 50in Full HD screen as the absolute minimum for a player of this quality - preferably 60in+ and ideally a projector. A 100in+ screen really sorts the men from the boys....

D

Deleted member 2457

That's a good idea, although i don't think i am on good terms with my local dealer at present. Something I should look at know, good one my mate.

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:gel:

How large for full?

Thanks

I'd put a 50in Full HD screen as the absolute minimum for a player of this quality - preferably 60in+ and ideally a projector. A 100in+ screen really sorts the men from the boys....

Great input Clare, thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:...though, as stressed, there really would be little point upgrading if you stick with your 32in screen (visually, at least).

Thanks for the advice I think I am sorted.

A

Anonymous

gel:That's a good idea, although i don't think i am on good terms with my local dealer at present. Something I should look at know, good one my mate.

Hahahaaha...why not? Have you been harrassing him too?

D

Deleted member 2457

ValianTX:

gel:That's a good idea, although i don't think i am on good terms with my local dealer at present. Something I should look at know, good one my mate.

Hahahaaha...why not? Have you been harrassing him too?

Let's just say the last system I brought I did not buy from them but I paid them to set it up and a few questions were asked where i got it.

But my family had brought two high end amps from them in the last year anyway.

Also I find negotiating, dealing and demoing with dealers can be awkward.

Harrassing? No just questioning so I could understand where they were coming from, I love the what hi fi team.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts