Pioneer BDP-51FD

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Just put my first blu ray disc in (Die Hard)

The sound is bitstreaming to the receiver (Yamaha DSPAX763) When playing the disc and hitting the display info the data is showing DTS 1.53Mbps (is this the core DTS) If so why is it not bitstreaming full fat DTS HD-MA?

Help would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

you need to set the dvd player to direct source i think but your tv needs to be 1080p plus your surround sound amp has to be able decode hd audio

A

Anonymous

there is a video mode button on the remote on the right in the middle. keep pressing that until it says direct source

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Just changed it but still the same! The receiver does say it's receiving a DTSHD-MA signal - however on the receiver's on screen menu it wont display the bitrate at all!

A

Anonymous

ive only had this bluray player for few weeks so havent had much time to play around with it plus im waiting for my new tv which is 1080p and my old tv is only 1080i so i havent been able to bitstream mine yet. but surely if the bluray player is sending the bluray in direct form which is 1080p 24fps and as long as your amp can decode that you should be getting that.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I think we have our wires crossed, the 1080 and 25fps you refer to is for video - I'm having trouble with the audio! Thanks anyway for your time but could anyone else help with this please???

A

Anonymous

what ever mate but if your sending the direct source of the bluray has has been recorded in which is 1080p 24fps and the dts hd master thats what ur amp should b recievering... all i was trying to do is help

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Sorry mate just re-read my post and it sounded like I was a little ungrateful (I didn't mean it to come out like that)

Thank you again
emotion-2.gif

Does anyone else have this player who could comment please?

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
drummerman:Has pioneer released a f/w update for DTS MA yet? Perhaps that is the problem.

I thought this pioneer will bitstream DTS MA to a suitable amp (as the review suggests) but won't decode it onboard!

A

Anonymous

Thats ok fella like i said i havent bitstreamed my pioneer yet coz im waiting on my samsung ue40b8000 tv. if ur bitstreaming from the pioneer maybe its ur amp not the pioneer? and yes the player can decode dts hd master..

A

Anonymous

ive just been reading ur manual for ur amp online.... this a bit from it:

To decode audio bitstream signals on this unit, set the input

source component appropriately so that the component outputs

the bitstream audio signals directly (does not decode the

bitstream signals on the component). Refer to the supplied

instruction manuals for details.

And is the decoder mode set to auto? For better surround sound most people have the amp decode rather than the player...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
mattjax05:Just changed it but still the same! The receiver does say it's receiving a DTSHD-MA signal - however on the receiver's on screen menu it wont display the bitrate at all!

I'm confused reading this - the receiver says it's receiving DTS HD MA? If so, not sure what the issue is - sounds like it's working fine...

A

Anonymous

i think he thinks its not working coz his bite rate display on his amp isnt display 24.5mbps which is what dts hd master is suppose to be recorded at.... well thats what i have read on a site but i could be wrong

A

Anonymous

Ver 1.32
CHANGE HISTORY:
- Enables the following new functions
1. DTS-HD audio output
Enable to convert DTS-HD audio to linear PCM for HDMI OUT terminal.
Enable to convert DTS-HD audio to analog audio for AUDIO OUT (7.1 ch) terminals.
2. Image file playback
Enable to play image files recorded on DVDs or CDs.
3. Crossover frequency for AUDIO OUT (7.1 ch) terminals
4. Extarnal subtitle files for DivX files
Enable to use external subtitle files in addition to the subtitles recorded in the DivX media files.
- Enhances stability of BD-Java playback (*)
- Enhances stability of BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE/DVD-Video playback
- Fixes an error of resume playback function after switching off the player by pressing STANDBY/ON button during playback of BD-ROM discs.
- Performance improvement
* The player's action can be slower than expected depending on contents (menu, game, etc.) included in certain BD-Java discs.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Maccca:

Ver 1.32
CHANGE HISTORY:
- Enables the following new functions
1. DTS-HD audio output
Enable to convert DTS-HD audio to linear PCM for HDMI OUT terminal.
Enable to convert DTS-HD audio to analog audio for AUDIO OUT (7.1 ch) terminals.
2. Image file playback
Enable to play image files recorded on DVDs or CDs.
3. Crossover frequency for AUDIO OUT (7.1 ch) terminals
4. Extarnal subtitle files for DivX files
Enable to use external subtitle files in addition to the subtitles recorded in the DivX media files.
- Enhances stability of BD-Java playback (*)
- Enhances stability of BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE/DVD-Video playback
- Fixes an error of resume playback function after switching off the player by pressing STANDBY/ON button during playback of BD-ROM discs.
- Performance improvement
* The player's action can be slower than expected depending on contents (menu, game, etc.) included in certain BD-Java discs.

Done this upgrade earlier and it now decodes DTS HD-MA in the palyer AND it can now also bitstream full fat DTS HD-MA (although the Die Hard disc only goes to around 3Mbps/30Mbps) whereas before it was only bitstreaming DTS Core 1.5Mbps!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts