Pioneer BDP-51FD review now online

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The waiting is over, you can now read our full review of Pioneer's £400 BDP-51FD Blu-ray player here. Was it worth the wait? Oh yes!

And don't forget, we've got a mega test of every Blu-ray player on the market coming up in our February 09 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, on sale next month.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the review, looks a brilliant player, taking the fight to the Pano '55. On ther hand I'm glad the '71 is still sufficiently better to warrant the price difference over the 51!

A

Anonymous

Would you Class these Pioneer Blu-Ray players in line with the Pioneer Plasma Screens ? As in being the best on the market for picture Quality ?

Id like to get a Blu-Ray Player but im really Confused , I dont care about the 2.0 profile as i dont think ill ever need that as i watch the movie and thats it. All i want to know is what Blu-ray Players Gives the best Picture ? Ill be buying the Issue next month and i hope you mention what Blu-ray player gives the best picture :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Jason

Next month's issue will definitely answer your question - can't give too much away at this stage as the test is still under wraps.
emotion-1.gif

Re the Profile 2.0 issue it's not just about watching the BD Live extras; we've found it can have an impact on which Blu-ray discs will/won't load in the player as well.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Andy Clough:Re the Profile 2.0 issue it's not just about watching the BD Live extras; we've found it can have an impact on which Blu-ray discs will/won't load in the player as well.

When will the consumer electronics industry come up with a format that just works?

Sliced Bread

Any posibility that the Denon DVD-1800BD will be included in that test :O)

Andy Clough:Re the Profile 2.0 issue it's not just about watching the BD Live extras; we've found it can have an impact on which Blu-ray discs will/won't load in the player as well.

Man that would annoy me, if I'd just spent £900 on a DVD-2500BT only to find out that not all disks will load!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts