Pioneer BDP-51 Firmware Update!!

A

Anonymous

emotion-43.gif
Hi gazuk. I'd be interested to hear if it has any affect on speeding up the darned thing when loading BDs. Have you noticed any improvement mate? The Pioneer website states that the firmware improves stability to BD-java playback but also states that it can be slower than expected. If that's slower that before then I'll have time to have a bath before the menu loads on some discs. The rest of it sounds positive though.

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi mate.Have downloading the update but havent had time to check it out with any discs yet.Will report back with any information when ive had chance to try it out.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Could you maybe do like alittle review and explain how we download it and install it , also advise if its good and what it offers , cheers

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
jasonsony735:Could you maybe do like alittle review and explain how we download it and install it , also advise if its good and what it offers , cheers

I done it last week, it's an easy task just follow the Pioneer instructions on their uk website (you will get taken to their EU website when you look for software upgrades but dont threat, it's the right way) The only thing which may cause a problem is that you need to burn the file to disc as a image file rather than a data file (your burning software may not pick this up but you can change this manually) It's definitely good in what it offers but doesn't speed the machine up in fact according to the instructions it may slow it down (but I doubt it)

Get upgrading...........

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Its definatly slowed mine down, i put 7 pounds on blu ray in it on saturday and waited and waited, at one point i thought it had froze, i switched it off and on again but no difference its still slow. Its a shame really because its a fantastic player.

A

Anonymous

Have the firmware two gens away from this one. It's perfect if you're not using the analogues and as i'm bitstreaming, and have no intention of using multichannel outs, I see no reason to change, especially if it slows it down even more. It's slow enough as it is. A snail could move faster.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts