Pioneer A-30 strange problem, help needed

olafmol

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

i recently bought a Pioneer A-30 amp for my Q-acoustics2020i speakers. The last 2 weeks it has started to behave strange: the right channel sometimes dissapears, only a very low-volume distorted version of the signal can be heard. The left channel works normally. I already checked with the headphone output, cabling and changing input sources. The bad right channel can be heard consistently.

When i switch the amp in "direct" mode the right channel sounds normally though. Also when switching the amp off, after a few hours the right channel acts normally again. Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

cheers, Olaf

Hi Olaf, welcome to the forum.

The problem you descibe could be down to a number of causes none of which you should have to suffer in a new product. The 'direct' switch situation confuses me. Something definately wrong there. My advice would be to take it back to where you bought it and demand a replacement.

olafmol

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Tom!

It confuses me too, seems like some circuitry is acting up at times, and the direct switch bypasses this damaged circuitry. Afaik direct bypasses treble, bass and balance. Probably the issue is somewhere in that circuitry i guess. It's a pity i always have loudness turned on, because direct mode disables this too. I guess it's back to the (internet)store again :-(

cheers, Olaf

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had no problems with my A30 since new (2012) and really like it. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Is the Pioneer A30 out of warranty? Can you take it back for a refund or exchange it for a new one?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts