pioneer 428xd or4280xd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have read the differences but are the upgrades on the 428 useful for proffesionals rather than home user. or are the picture options easy enough for an amatuer to play with. i wont need sub out as use amp. 4280 also comes with stand. do any of you know if its worth extra for the 428. j. lewis gives 5y free warranty on 4280 and obviousely i need to spend no more on a stand. but i dont want to regret gettin the 'model down' . Any one got any recomendations???

A

Anonymous

The 428XD gives you more than many other TVs, such as Intelligent Brightness Control, rather than the 4280XD giving you less. And you get a stand included. See my posting 'Pioneer PDP-42xd on the cheap'.

A

Anonymous

cheers dave. does that calibration only able tobe done by a pro- do u need equipment.

A

Anonymous

does anyone know if the calibration tool can be done without a proffesional with equipment on the428xd

A

Anonymous

A paid trained professional, I'm afraid. As a much cheaper alternative, many contributors to these forums recommend the Digital Video Essentials dvd ( which you can now buy as a HD dvd or Blu-ray combo) that helps you set up your system to give its best. I have not yet used it (my pioneer arrives 12 November) but I am sure someone else here will be able to enlighten you - and me.

A

Anonymous

cheers mate. im thinkin of gettin one soon. most likely 4280. think i may wait for christmas sales though... hmmm

A

Anonymous

For calibration there are really 5 options going in increasing cost and effort:

1) Just set the picture by your eye, easy but not recommended!

2) Use the basic optimisation features on any THX certified DVD, good for a few of the basics and cheap as there are lots of DVD's out there (think Star Wars..)

3) Calibration DVD (such as DVE). Pretty good, but a lot more involved than 2 as you have to follow instructions to get the best picture.

4) Buy you own calibrator. Probably the best an individual could do at home though a lot more expensive than above (more like £150 e.g SpyderTV), though a lot more involved.

5) Ultimate option, get ISF calibration. Most expensive but guaranteed results...

Personally best trade-off of cost, effort, and results I think is the DVE (though you'd be surprised at what a basic run through THX can do..)

A

Anonymous

I've thought about the Spyder. With a laptop go around friends/relatives/Joe Public and charge a few quid. Not enough to live on but......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts