Picture from Sky but sound from freeview??

davidrust

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, I have a query from a lady at work which is puzzling me. She has just moved house and has set up her TV and Sky box. She has told me she can get pictures from SKY but the sound from the freeview tuner in the TV is playing, obviously not a great scenario. As I don't have Sky and have now idea what leads she is using or settings she has used on her TV or Sky box can anyone shout out ideas on how to possibly resolve this? If not don't worry, thanks gang.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
davidrust:Hi all,

I have a query from a lady at work which is puzzling me. She has just moved house and has set up her TV and Sky box. She has told me she can get pictures from SKY but the sound from the freeview tuner in the TV is playing, obviously not a great scenario. As I don't have Sky and have now idea what leads she is using or settings she has used on her TV or Sky box can anyone shout out ideas on how to possibly resolve this?

If not don't worry, thanks gang.

Well, if she has Sky, she doesn't necessarily need the freeview. If this is the case, she just needs to take out the aerial lead out of the tv. That's the easy way of doing it.

daveh75

davidrust:Hi all,

I have a query from a lady at work which is puzzling me. She has just moved house and has set up her TV and Sky box. She has told me she can get pictures from SKY but the sound from the freeview tuner in the TV is playing, obviously not a great scenario. As I don't have Sky and have now idea what leads she is using or settings she has used on her TV or Sky box can anyone shout out ideas on how to possibly resolve this?

If not don't worry, thanks gang.Assuming its an SD box,tell her to check the Sky boxes scart lead is seated properly in both the input on the TV and the Sky box output or try another scart lead - As i've come across this a few times, where the scart cable has been loose or faulty and you get the sound from one source and video from another.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts