Picture and sound drop out. Any ideas?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Panasonic BD-35 blu-ray, panasonic th-37px80 and a denon avr-1909. I have had this setup for just over a year but over the last few weeks it has started playing about. Every now and then the screen goes blank and the sound disappears for about 2-4 seconds and then the sound and picture comes back again.

I have had this issue previously with some blu-ray discs but this is normally due to the blu-ray player needing a firmware upgrade however today it did it while i was watching I am legend which is a old blu-ray so it cant be firmware related can it? All items are still under warranty but im not sure which one is causing the problems or if there is a setting I may have enabled which is causing this.

Any ideas?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I would suspect our old friend HDMI HDCP handshaking, or some HDMI control glitch between the Panasonic and Denon components. Have you done any firmware updates recently on either the TV or the player?

It may be worth trying turning off Viera Link if you have it enabled on the player or TV, and checking all the HDMI control settings are off.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Andrew. Its quite annoying trying to work out a fault like this as its intermittent and the fault could be in any of the 3 items. As I mentioned I used to get a similar problem with the newer discs now and then but that was because I hadnt updated my player for about 8 months. However I am sure the problem I am having now may be due to the last firmware upgrade I did about 3 weeks ago and the fact it is occuring on old and new discs makes me think it cant be the discs.

Just hope its not the reciever, sending that for a repair would be a nightmare.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I, and others from this and other forums, have had similar problems with the Denon 2310. Using my freeview tuner from the dvd recorder, my screen will go blank with no sound for 2-4 seconds within 2-3 minutes of switching on, but not at any other time. It does not do it with the blu ray or x box ever!!

The dvd recorder automatically updates itself, I think, so I assume it's an update that has caused this, as it only started happened after a month or so after the Denon was purchased.

Interestingly, I have emailed Denon a while back about this issue, but clearly after sales customer service/support seems not to exist!!!! Shame...........

A

Anonymous

Well Andrew I have turned off the vierra link and the denon hdmi control setting and also done a factory reset on the denon and I am happy to say it seems to have sorted out the issue. Lets just hope it stays this way now because it isnt fun when the recievers sound cuts out and back again at -10db volume during a action scene.

I think this must be due the last firmware upgrade because in the last year I have had this setup I have never had this issue before.

D

Deleted member 2457

You know this always classified now as hdmi handshaking, with dvds if this happened it would be down to a stratched disc or finger prints on the disc right? Because this has happened to me a couple of times with blu ray discs and I sold the disc and brought a new one because I thought if must be stratched or something?

What would be your advice?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello gel. Why didn't you just wipe the disc clean and play it? I do it with every disc before I play it.

No cost option.

Thx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts