Question Pick the most neutral, resolving wireless headphones for classical music.

Pick the most neutral, resolving wireless headphones for classical music.

• SONY WH-1000XM4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shure AONIC 50

• DALI IO-6

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sennheiser Momentum 3

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello friends,
I listen to orchestral classical music. I have the Bowers and Wilkins PX7, which I like. However, I do find the PX7 to sound a touch polite and am looking to expand my headphones collection by adding a second pair of Bluetooth cans. I prefer highly resolving headphones with a flat, neutral and engaging sound. I have narrowed down my choices to one of the following:

1. SONY WH-1000XM4
  2. Shure AONIC 50
  3. DALI IO-6
  4. Sennheiser Momentum 3
I am not considering the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless as I heard it has inconsistent fit and bass across different users. I am not too bothered about noise cancellation performance as I listen in quiet environments where passive isolation is enough.
Best Regards,
Trinanjan.

D

Deleted member 188533

The Sonys are warmish and bass boosted and the exact opposite of what I'd want for classical listening. The Sennheisers have the classic mid forward house sound but they're closer to neutral at least in my recollection. Not sure about the other two.

You could do SO much better with a classic wired headphone but I'm sure you know that. :)

abacus

There is no such thing as what is ideal for one person’s classical listening will probably not suit another; therefore the only way to be sure is to try the different models out to see which suits you.

Bill

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
I just got the Dali IO-6. I already had the B & W PX7. To my ears, the Dali is at least thrice as good as the B & W. I really don't know why What Hifi gave 4 stars to the Dali and 5 to the PX7. The PX7 has bloated boomy bass without texture. The Dali is refined, has impact and texture... I am amazed how tonally balanced the IO-6 is.

Reactions: drclau

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts