Photos streaming

A

Anonymous

That`s good. But I use a pc... I`m going to search into "Window media extenders"

Thanks Duncan.

John Duncan

Apple TV works with a PC too - it will basically stream any content you can get into iTunes. But you may find a media extender (somebody on here has a Western Digital HDTV live, which appears to do the job for a lot less than @TV).

A

Anonymous

How do these devices compare to a logitech squeezebox, when it comes to Audio? Because if they are as good for audio as squeezebox is, I might as well buy an apple Tv, Or western Digital DHTV,

Thanks,

Kevin.

John Duncan

Can't speak for the weestern digital, but I had an Apple TV streaming into a DAC and it was absolutely brilliant. Also has the advantage of having an internal hard drive so that once it's synced, you can run it without having the PC on.

A

Anonymous

That sounds awesome.. I`m mainly into audio, but it`s nice to have the EXTRA video/photo streaming option, plus the internal 40Gig Hard drive, I will look into it. I can always use my rotels` av preamp as a DAC. That`s great!

I`m very thankful for your help

John Duncan

daspaceman:
That sounds awesome.. I`m mainly into audio, but it`s nice to have the EXTRA video/photo streaming option, plus the internal 40Gig Hard drive, I will look into it. I can always use my rotels` av preamp as a DAC. That`s great!

I`m very thankful for your help

There's a 160gig one as well.

Don't rule out things like the Western Digital though - not as nice an interface, as I udnerstand it, but attach a USB hard drive to it and off you go.

A

Anonymous

are the apple TV and western digital available with a wifi option? As i dont have an ethernet port, where my home cinema is!

John Duncan

Apple TV is wifi by default. can't remember about the HDTV Live - think it only has an ethernet port. However, you can either transfer all your content on to a hard drive and plug it in or just add a wireless extender to plug into its ethernet port.

A

Anonymous

That sounds great .. I will do some research on these two.

Thanks

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I can recommend the WDTV Live. It'll do photos, movies and audio. It'll stream from a PC and run off an attached HDD (the option I use). As JD states, it isn't WiFi but does have an ethernet port.

Take a gander at my thread on the WDTV Live

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts