Photos of my system

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Here are some photos of my system. Still need to upgrade the cables.

43285846ql6.jpg

0amy8.jpg

24817869nn2.jpg

23978990uu6.jpg

23720796lm4.jpg

58570161ad0.jpg

82876710wl3.jpg

26410514ka3.jpg

I think I must the only person left on the forum that still has a CRT TV!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Looks rubbish fella, you should get yourself a PC server and some active speakers. Much nicer and you can use the grey box as a warm footstool too

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Aye, its like The Flintstones here: turntable, VCR, CRT! God knows why I still have a VCR - I can't even remember the last time I used it. I'm waiting for Freeview HD before I buy a LCD / Plasma TV. I don't watch that much on DVD. Given Ashley James' recent comments on Joel's thread I should be funding it by selling my gramophone.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Wow! There`s some serious kit in your system. Nice one.

You`ll be pleased to know I still own a CRT (was about to buy a Philips but now I`ve heard about LED backlighting and shall wait until they do a 37" model) AND a VCR!

P.S. Did you borrow that record from Chebby?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
DistortedVision:Yep they are ugly butÿknowingÿthat I bought them for £1200 brand new when the RRP isÿapproximately £8000 helps me live with them.

Er how?

ÿ

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:

DistortedVision:Yep they are ugly but knowing that I bought them for £1200 brand new when the RRP is approximately £8000 helps me live with them.

Er how?

All my T+A gear was bought direct from the outgoing distributor a few years ago through a friend of mine who was doing alot of business with them. They sold me all of it for approximately what they paid for them.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hell...no - its a limited edition Ting Tings LP. Chebby's thoughts on them,

"A Ting Tings CD I bought for my youngest sounded pretty dire but she likes it so thats OK. She is 15. She listens to everything on an iPod so I ended ended up looking after the CD after she ripped it."

survivor:

P.S. Did you borrow that record from Chebby?

A

Anonymous

Fantastic looking system. I would really, really like the space to be able to have large speakers driven by valve kit. Enjoy every second of it.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Messiah:DistortedVision:
I think I must the only person left on the forum that still has a CRT TV!

And is that a VCR!!
emotion-2.gif

Good to see that Distorted Vision has his priorities in the right place!

Love your system, but my favourite thing is the seven remote controls.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
As I said they were the outgoing distributor at the time. They dropped T+A along with Myrad from their brand portfolio at the time. It was a thank you for helping my mate out with his business.

JoelSim:

Well if he does any more work with them, give him my name

A

Anonymous

Lovely system. Would a universal remote work with your system, so you don't need the 7 you have on the table?

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Everyone laughs at my remote controls! I bought a Joytech AV Centre since the first two photos were taken so I've acquired another remote. Universal remotes have never really done it for me. tractorboy:

Good to see that Distorted Vision has his priorities in the right place! Love your system, but my favourite thing is the seven remote controls.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
DistortedVision:Everyone laughs at my remote controls! I bought a Joytech AV Centre since the first two photos were taken so I've acquired another remote. Universal remotes have never really done it for me.
You know, I used to think the same thing till I got a Logitech Harmony 555 - definitely worth a look - replaced 7 remotes for me. It's so much easier to just push one button to get everything switched on and set to the right inputs using the macros - you just don't realise it till you've got one!
Oh, and for some reason I also still have a VCR. One in the living room and one in my bedroom. I haven't used either for about 5 years!

A

Anonymous

professorhat:DistortedVision:Everyone laughs at my remote controls! I bought a Joytech AV Centre since the first two photos were taken so I've acquired another remote. Universal remotes have never really done it for me.
You know, I used to think the same thing till I got a Logitech Harmony 555 - definitely worth a look - replaced 7 remotes for me. It's so much easier to just push one button to get everything switched on and set to the right inputs using the macros - you just don't realise it till you've got one!
Oh, and for some reason I also still have a VCR. One in the living room and one in my bedroom. I haven't used either for about 5 years!

I was anti-universal until the wife made me get one to replace our (get this) TWO REMOTES! Anyway, I got the Philips Prestigo 8008 and love it to death. Programming macros is endless fun. My co-worker has the Logitech and loves it, my boss has one from "Universal" which he loves, I love that company's name!

T

the record spot

We've got TWO CRTs at home here! I should sell one to Hughes to keep his vintage fix on a high.
emotion-5.gif

EDIT: Love the T&A gear and the Trichord triptych by the way!

A

Anonymous

Great looking system. Theres no shame in having a VCR, i have two! CRT's are still the best option for watching SD channels. The speakers look great and powerful!

A

Anonymous

Looks fantastic to me, what about the neighbours?....Are they happy!!?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts