Phono Stage for Radius 5.2 and Rondo Red Cart

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I have upgraded my turntable today and ordered a Roksan Radius 5.2 with Rondo Red Cartrige, I auditioned it using a Leema elements Phono stage it sounded great but I did not have the spare cash to buy the Phono stage today.

So I now need to sell my RP3 with the PSU and Rega Phono stage to afford my MC phono stage what would anyone recommend for the short list for the kind of money I will get back for my current Rega gear.

Ideas please??

Lee

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Would you reccomend the ERA or the Revalation for this level of cartrige ??

How much will I get for my 1 year old RP3 with PSU and Rega Fono stage ??

lee

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Leehallam said:
Would you reccomend the ERA or the Revalation for this level of cartrige ??

I recently purchased a GSP Reflex M after a 2 week home loan, but I haven't heard the others. I suggest you join the GSP Owners Club Forum (you don't have to be an owner to do so) and then you can arrange a 2 week, no obligation home loan of any of the kit. Why not borrow a couple of phono stages?

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
My turntable will be here 8th January.

so my rp3 with phono stage and psu is on eBay the proceeds to buy a phone stage max I want to spend is £600-£700.

i am going to get the graham slee reflex c on home loan and I have tried the leema elements.

What else should I try does any one have an opinion on the trichord dino or the music fidelity vinyl 1.

help please.

lee

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Try out as many as you can in your price range. Phonos can be the devils spawn in the wrong set up.

Dino is a good flexible phono , bit too forward for my lugs. But may suit you sir.

Am I correct that the Slee is coil only ?. If so I would give that a little thought.

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Floyd Droid,

Thanks for the reply.

The slee is a MC only, do you mean give it thought becasue it is coil only it will be designed better for Coil only, or do you mean give it a little thought because it is less flexible for the future.

Lee

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Am I correct that the Slee is coil only ?

Refllex C = MC,

Reflex M = MM

Reflex M + Elevator = ultimate flexibility. Start with a Reflex M with MM and if one wishes to go the MC route just add an Elevator.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Leehallam said:
Thanks for the reply.

The slee is a MC only, do you mean give it thought becasue it is coil only it will be designed better for Coil only, or do you mean give it a little thought because it is less flexible for the future.

Lee

In regards to sticking all yer eggs in one basket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts