Phono stage for around £100

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all. I'm looking for a phono stage for the £100 mark to go between a Dual 604 I just picked up and my NAD C315BEE. The speakers are Q Acoustics 2050s if that helps at all.

At the moment the options seem to be either NAD PP3 or Project Phono Box Mk2. Any other suggestions? Thanks

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Pro-Ject Phono Box MK2 that I bought 2nd hand off Ebay for £50, 6 months ago. Originally bought as a stop gap solution before I bought a Naim Stageline, it has done a really good job and for £50 you can't go wrong. Not felt the need to upgrade quite as quickly as I thought I would.

I think you can pick them up for about £80/£85 new and still around the £50 2nd hand.

I've no experience of any other phono amps.

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
I have no experience of the NAD PP3, but have used the Pro-ject and found it to be a decent sounding stage. However, with a budget of £100.00 I would go for a Cambridge 640P, which is the one I am currently using. It gives a more open, clearer and vibrant sound than the Pro-ject, and is a bargain at around £70.00 from Richers.

If you are looking at 2nd hand, then maybe consider a Graham Slee or perhaps a Musical Fidelity X-Can.

Mike.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts