Phono archeology in a meter cupboard.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Wife has been having a bit of a clear-out of the gas meter cupboard today and came out little while ago with a little tupperware container I had forgotten about.

Contents...

2 x Dual CS-505 cartridge mounting plates with wires and tags (from the early models where the plate was locked in place under the headshell by use of the finger lift doubling up as a locking lever.)

2 x Dual CS-505 alignment tools (little see-through plastic 'jigs' for foolproof alignment and overhang adjustment without a protractor)

2 x Strips of black plastic 'shims' of varying depths for height adjustment on the Dual.

1 x Dual DN-165E cartridge with guard. (Looks like a modern day Ortofon OMB5E.)

1 x Audio Technica AT95E cartridge.

1 x Nagaoka MP11 cartridge (with MP11 Boron stylus upgrade)

1 x Dual CS-505 additional counterweight screw-on weight (with screw) for heavier cartridges.

2 x Bottles of Audio Technica AT607 stylus cleaning fluid. 1 unused and unopened, 1 half used.

1 x Audio Technica AT637 vibrating stylus cleaner in box with plastic cover and instructions and (thankfully) no battery.

1 x TDK head demagnitizer

This is all going back where it came from as my little 'museum'. The last time I used any of this gear was about 25 years ago. The container was lurking in a box amongst some of our kids memorabilia (Blue Peter badges, school reports, drawings of dinosaurs etc.)

Any little hifi 'knick-knacks' you are still hanging onto?

A

Anonymous

Not really Chebby, though I still have one of these my dad gave me which I shan't be getting rid of:

sa500.jpg

A

Anonymous

I take it you mean the amp and not the poster ! Looks the dogs. I love this look on older hi-fi equipment (obviously Hitachi have been scouring the old hi-fi mags when designing their new amps !).

A

Anonymous

It looks the dogs dangly bits indeed, though I have it stored away at the moment. I too love the look of the new retro style amps from the likes of Yamaha, just waiting for one that sounds good!

A

Anonymous

"Darling this drawer here, can I have this drawer for me?"

"Yes I think you can, I don't need it for anything(?)"

"Good!, this will be by man draw".

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:

One basic flaw. No normal woman would EVER have a drawer free to let a man use.

This is why sheds were invented.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Octopo:

One basic flaw. No normal woman would EVER have a drawer free to let a man use.

This is why sheds were invented.

Damn, another reason why i'm not 'normal' (
emotion-21.gif
) - him indoors has got bags of space
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Well there is the fabled......Hifi Drawer..........

Oh if only - somewhere to hide my hideous Sky+ box ! Or borrow Jamie's magic torch !

A fine hoard of cartridges there indeed, could do with something like that just now.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Nice find in the MP11 Boron!

Spacehopper:A fine hoard of cartridges there indeed, could do with something like that just now.

I expect their little rubber grommets are perished after all these years (decades). I am not tempted in the least to try them.

A

Anonymous

chebby:
the record spot:Nice find in the MP11 Boron!

Spacehopper:A fine hoard of cartridges there indeed, could do with something like that just now.

I expect their little rubber grommets are perished after all these years (decades). I am not tempted in the least to try them.

I know the feeling !
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts