Phone to aux preamp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I don't have much technical knowledge with this kind of thing and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. If I purchased one of these phone to aux preamps would it allow me to connect a turntable to the aux input of my stereo?

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/btech/bt26-pre-amp/b-te-bt26prea

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes - assuming that your turntable has a moving magnet (MM) cartridge rather than a moving coil (MC).

Although I doubt it's the last word in sound quality.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, and yeah I wouldn't expect it to be. I've just got turned on to vinyl so I'm looking for a cheap solution until I can afford a decent amp.

Why would it have to be a moving magnet?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
For perhaps another £20 you could get yourself a secondhand Pro-Ject Phonobox MkII off Ebay which will give you an excellent phono stage for the money, for both MM and MC cartridges.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
turtlewax11 said:
Why would it have to be a moving magnet?

Because that's what the 'MM' in the product title stands for. Moving Magnet and Moving Coil carts have different levels of output (the former being higher I think?) so need different levels of equalisation to bring them up to 'AUX' level.

What cartridge are you using?

A

Anonymous

It's a moving magnet. Any idea what the sound quality will be like plugged into a stereo? Will it be at least reasonable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts