PHILIPS bd 3000 /Slumdog Millionaire dvd probs.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone had any probs with with this combi ,got the blueray player recently and tried to play slumdog on standard deff dvd,pathe menu screen loaded up and then was greeted by a black screen and disc wouldnd play.Tried the film on a sony hdd/dvr and an older philips dvd recorder and it played ok.

A bit of advice needed ,i have only watched 1 blueray quantom of solace and have to say i was underwelmed by the picture quality.Have set player to1080p out but my tv a philips 32 pfl 7762 is hd ready 1366x768 but supports 1080p and am wondering if i am missing something .I felt picture looked like a standard deff dvd rather than the jump in quality i was expecting from blueray.Also played it through my denon avr 3310 amp ,adjusted settings etc but still felt the same .

Thanks in advance

Pat Brady.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Pat

Haven't come across the Slumdog problem before, but if your TV is HD-ready you won't be seeing Blu-ray films in Full HD, 1080p resolution. The fact that is supports 1080p simply means it will downscale the image to fit the resolution of your screen, which is not 1080p. To see Blu-ray in all its Full HD glory you'll need a 1080p screen.

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:

Pat

Haven't come across the Slumdog problem before, but if your TV is HD-ready you won't be seeing Blu-ray films in Full HD, 1080p resolution. The fact that is supports 1080p simply means it will downscale the image to fit the resolution of your screen, which is not 1080p. To see Blu-ray in all its Full HD glory you'll need a 1080p screen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts