Philips 1080p screens.......Tested Yet?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys & Gals

Have you tested any of the latest Philips LCD's yet?

47 PFL9732D/10 or the Aurea's?

I've been following the threads on the AV forums but have yet to find any reviews?

Coming soon?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Funnily enough, I had a word with Philips's PR guy only last week as we're getting a little frustrated at the lack of review samples of the new Philips LCDs - we've only had the 32in so far. However, we have just received the 42PFL9632D, which we'll be reviewing shortly, and we've been promised the 47PFL9632D and 52PFL9632D too.

They're being a bit more cagey about the Aurea, but believe me, I'm chasing it!

A

Anonymous

Strange what you're saying about the Aurea, Andy. I am sure John Lewis had it on display 2 weeks ago but it had gone when I looked last week. Bentalls still have it, though. Philips send their own team to set it up - something other high end manufacturers should consider doing. If I was Mr Pioneer, and visited the retailers, I think I would have a fit!!

If I was wealthy and had a large plain wall, the Aurea would have to be on it That tv has to be wall mount only!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy

As I understand it, the only difference between the 9632's and the 9732's is the 9632 has 2 channel ambilight and the 9732 has full (3 sided) surround ambilight? Is that correct?

Looking forward to the reviews as I'm keen on buying the 47PFL9732D/10 pretty soon aslong as it gets a good thumbs up
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hello I am a regular reader of the magazine in the netherlands and am very interested in the new full HD philips models in the 9632 range and especially if it has 24p with the correct 2/2 pulldown or anything like it saving you from judder.

I read you are testing the 42 inch model of this range. In which issue will the test be published?[quote user="Andy Clough"]

Funnily enough, I had a word with Philips's PR guy only last week as we're getting a little frustrated at the lack of review samples of the new Philips LCDs - we've only had the 32in so far. However, we have just received the 42PFL9632D, which we'll be reviewing shortly, and we've been promised the 47PFL9632D and 52PFL9632D too.

They're being a bit more cagey about the Aurea, but believe me, I'm chasing it!

[/quote]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts