Passing sound through receiver to TV speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm waiting on my surround speakers to arrive but have got my Pioneer SC-LX 71 receiver and Blu Ray to go with Virgin V+, and am quite keen to play with it in the meantime. Having connected the V+ and BD to the receiver, and receiver to my Panny 37 plasma by HDMI, I can only pass the video to the TV, presumably the sound is going to the unconnected speaker terminals.

Does anyone know how I can override this and get the sound playing through the TV speakers too. (To be honest I've only tried to get sound from the Virgin box and failed - I'm presuming the BD won't work either.)

The only connections I've got are the HDMI leads mentioned above.

Any advice very welcome.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Try plugging the blu ray to the tv directly with your hdmi that should do it, you may have to play about with the sound settings on the player to get it to output through the tv

A

Anonymous

Thanks Stu,

That's what I'm currently doing, but I was actually wanting to get the sound playing through the TV speakers, but with all the connections going "through" the receiver.

The idea being that when my surround speakers finally are delivered and everything going via the receiver, I will still be able to watch news on the TV speakers without having the full surround effect.

Do you know if there's any way to get the receiver to pass the sound through?

Cheers

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
To use the passthrough in amps that support it! you have to turn the amp on anyway. Just watch the news on the TV's built in freeview if you don't want to bother with the amp/speakers.

Can't really see what the problem is you've paid a lot for the amp and speakers you should use them all the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts