part exing kit

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Quick question to all out there especially any dealers or people in the know, do HiFi shops still take in kit as part exchange against new kit? I know from experience AudioT used to, there was always a little bit on their website but it seems to have disappeared.

Really looking for ones in the south of the UK.

Cheers, Tommo

I'm not a dealer tommo but it would appear a few still do. I guess it pretty much depends if the dealer actually stocks the make of kit you are trying to part ex.

There are some firms that will buy second-hand kit off you but just like pat-ex you are not going to get 'top dollar' by any means.

You are most likely to get more money for your kit by selling it privately.

Maybe David@FrankHarvey will be along later to answer as a dealer...

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The problem is I live in rural France, which idyllic though it maybe there are no HiFi dealers within several hundred miles and the nearest ones are not interested in UK kit, so my only chance is to box the kit up and take it to the UK. International postage on heavy kit is to dear so eBay or selling privately is not really on the cards. Of course I would use the opportunity to visit family etc at the same time as changing the HiFi kit.

tomlinscote said:
The problem is I live in rural France, which idyllic though it maybe there are no HiFi dealers within several hundred miles and the nearest ones are not interested in UK kit, so my only chance is to box the kit up and take it to the UK. International postage on heavy kit is to dear so eBay or selling privately is not really on the cards. Of course I would use the opportunity to visit family etc at the same time as changing the HiFi kit.

Ah, rural France eh? Best substitute a good Claret for that whisky mentioned in your other thread then.

Re kit, could you not just box it up, bring it back to the UK (visit family of course) but put it on eBay with collection from a family members address?? Just a thought. Also is the cost of a courier that much more expensive in France than the UK?

It would be to your benefit to sell privately if at all possible as what they (if you can find any) would give as a trade-in would be negligable.

You do not say what type of kit you have but there are dealers (emporiumhifi.com being one) that do buy bits of kit rather than trade-in, but what they offer is 'silly' money.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
tomlinscote said:
The problem is I live in rural France, which idyllic though it maybe there are no HiFi dealers within several hundred miles and the nearest ones are not interested in UK kit,

So what do the French buy? Just curious.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts