Paradigm Speakers have a very low profile?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondering, in the UK based mags, you never seem to hear paradigm mentioned? These Canadian speakers in NZ are up with the play. Are they simply not as good as the competition in the very competitive UK market? I own Paradigm Moniter 7 v4, and Iv heard the Studio 40's/60's and really enjoyed their sound. They IMO seem quite a bit better then the cheap wharfedale range compared to monitor, but perhaps the studios are over priced compared to Proac and other top brands in the more expensive range? Mind you there are never any positive/negitive reviews in mags for these speakers? I could be wrong maybe iv just missed them! Any comments/replys will be interested to read as you guys are other side of the world to me in nz :)

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Good'y mate. The Paradigm doesn't seem to promote their products well and yes, they are not poppular in HIFI market here in UK. That doesn't mean they are bad at all, I thought they were target more of a AV market than Hi-Fi. WHF has review 1 or 2 Paradigm products in the past and it didn't stick in my mind how they did. WHF tend to reviews more of a house whole names so when people read the reviews they don't have too much trouble finding the products they want to buy. All imo.

A

Anonymous

Paradigm is a well-known brand. It is true that in different parts of the globe different brands rule. No one loudspeaker brand is popular in the whole world equally. A less known brand popular in one part of the globe need not necessarily be worse than some other brand popular in the other part of the globe. Klipsch is a good example. They are the most selling loudspeakers in the world. But not so in the European continent.

I agree with you 100%. Wharfedale are budget speakers, but then, they are just that. If you spend enough time auditioning, you will find that many of your local manufacturers make speakers that sound better than them and are comparatively cheaper.

Happy listening, enjoy your music!

A

Anonymous

I think possibly the problem will be competitiveness,I believe they are more budget orientated brand,but once they hit the UK the price becomes less competitive,as importers tend to go $1=£1 making them lose some competitiveness pricewise in a already quite saturated market,but could be wrong as usual.

A

Anonymous

True, Paradigm dont have the really high end priced speakers. They have the monitor/Studio/Signature. Moniter 7's only £650 they cheapest in monitor range. The Studio 100 V3 though are £1923 when converted from kiwi to pounds. Then theres the Signiture Series, im sure the Signiture S8 will be a LOT more then this. Though I can see your point compared to some extremely expensive speakers out there, paradigm is in the "budget" end of the market. Im not trying to promote this brand as there are better speakers most likely out there. Just wondering why not many reviews. Here in NZ our Image speakers are pretty big, but again prehaps not known UK due to competition/prices.

A

Anonymous

Just found Paradigm S8's their top speaker = £4955 to £5486 again done using convertion rates.

A

Anonymous

I have Paradigm Monitor 7 as fronts with the Paradigm CC270 center and Atoms for the rear.

Yes they are cheaper than some speakers, however ears dont lie and I am fussy about where my hard earned goes.

I auditioned many many speakers before making the risk of buying this brand. B+W, Ikon, Yamaha that sort of thing.

I took a few brands home and moved them around the house and set them up with my Yamaha RX-V1900 reveiver.

The Paradigm brand won in the end as overall they were the best regardless of price.

Those upturned noses out there need to hear this brand to understand why the company has sold so many speakers. I use a velodyne SPL-1200 for my low end so bass is no problem. Pound for pound these Monitor 7's are as loud without distortion than many horn speakers. I have had them at ear killing levels of power for long periods and musically they are great.

If I was to pick on them they are a bit clinical and will show up and weakness in you setup. For HT they work very well and my choices of speaker mix match perfectly. You notice no difference when things move from right, through the center to the left. the timbre matching id excellent. Build quality is top shelf for the dough, and the brands higher end stuff will upset a few high street snobs who paid way too much for their MDF boom boxes.

Budget and value for money are not the same.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
This is the reason I like to read mags from all over the world.... The UK tends to ignore brands like PSB & Paradigm (which get constant rave reviews in North America).... While North America doesn't seem to give a second though to brands like Cyrus and Roksan....

Some of the reasons I think are responsible for this situation are:

Some brands are just not readily available in specific countries

Some brands are grossly overpriced in other countries...

Some brands are just not to the taste (both sonic and aesthetic) of people living in foreign countries...

A

Anonymous

I really don't think people are turning up their noses to Paradigm. The brand is simply not as well known or available in some parts of the world. There are some great speakers made here in Canada just as there are some great speakers made in other parts of the world. I do, however, understand the policy of What Hi-Fi to review products that are readily available in the UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts