Panasonic V20

peddie44

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just been into my local Richer Sounds hoping for a demo of a 50V20. The manager told me that not only do they not have any in, but the V20 has been discontinued by Panasonic and is no longer available anywhere apart from the odd retailer that might have a couple of old stock left over.

I mentioned a certain retailer that I have seen advertised on this very site that is selling them at a good price, and he said that specific retailer never have any stock, regularly failed to supply goods sold to people and that he was always hearing complaints about them. So apparantly the V20 is no longer available anywhere.

Any thoughts people? Is this information accurate?

A

Anonymous

no lie but any item i have ever contacted my local RS about is EOL / Old Stock and then the magic "but we do have this...." which is always more money :)

A

Anonymous

The 50" V20 is NOT discontinued. All i can say is that RS do not stock this model and should not be passing on false information.

The V20 is the flagship non 3D tv for consumers wanting the best picture from Panasonic this year. The 50" is heavily sold out with Panasonic and if you do order one from your local dealer, there might be a little wait before stock becomes available.

A

Anonymous

The V20 is the flagship non 3D tv for consumers wanting the best picture from Panasonic this year.

Flagship non 3D with best PQ - I thaught that was the Z1 - halleeeuuu ????

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
PeterHerz:
The V20 is the flagship non 3D tv for consumers wanting the best picture from Panasonic this year.

Yes the V20 is the non 3D flagship model, the Z1 is last years model & doesn't have freeview HD.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I saw your comments regarding the availability of the TXP50V20 and wanted to take this opportunity to clarify.

Unfortunately Panasonic have been incredibly short of stock of this model and as such have been unable to supply us in the quantities we'd like. Of course, our purchasing team are frequently chasing Panasonic for some more up to date news but unfortunately have been unable to give us a date so far.

However, I would be most interested to hear from you as to which sales assistant advised you this model was discontinued. Please would you e-mail me to let me know which store you visited and which assistant you spoke with? My e-mail address is john.p.clayton@richersounds.com.

Meanwhile, my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

StanleyAV

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
PeterHerz:

I'd have to agree with peter
emotion-5.gif
you can't possibly have more than one flagship. Flagships by definition are the best one can achieve.

The 50hz issues encountered this year exempt all 2010 models from achieving that brilliance!
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm surprised there is as much interest as there is in the V20 with all the reported problems. I'm glad I managed to get a full refund on mine as the TV's failings were getting me down. Couldn't be happier with my Pioneer 5090.

A

Anonymous

slewis:PeterHerz:

Yes the V20 is the non 3D flagship model, the Z1 is last years model & doesn't have freeview HD.

Z1 is still sold and in the Pansonic portoflio - I would say, there is at least one class difference from the V20 to the Z1 - the Z1 is simply in another leage in my opinion, both in terms of product quality, design and PQ. Thus - the flagship of Panasonic,

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i dont own either.. but from the 2010 lineup of tvs the v20 is the top specc'd 2d tv.. the z1 is last years product.. are they releasing a z series this year?

PeterHerz:slewis:PeterHerz:

Z1 is still sold and in the Pansonic portoflio - I would say, there is at least one class difference from the V20 to the Z1 - the Z1 is simply in another leage in my opinion, both in terms of product quality, design and PQ. Thus - the flagship of Panasonic,

A

Anonymous

The Z1 is still listed on the Panasonic web site, its still sold in the shops - at least two forum members just baught a Z1. Because its last years model dosnt classify this product as outdated. The V20 is a one-year-model, not much attention was put into this model, which you can see and hear. Also B&O have products which last - among other marks such as Porche, MB, Audi etc - products/models build to last more than one year, build to last also after the warrenty period.

StanleyAV

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
@Peter, and when the Z1 is updated to the latest firmware 2.503 (thanks to Clare Newsome WHF editor), it behaves itself much better,
emotion-2.gif

Whereas the V20s I had despite firmware updates could not be fixed
emotion-6.gif
hence the move to the real flagship
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts