Panasonic V20 very disappointed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been waiting since Christmas to see the 50 v20 and have to say I am disappointed I saw one in a dealers the picture on 3D was excellant but when they took it off 3D on the ordinary channels I have to say in my opinion it was poor. I also went to another dealers to see if it was the same and it was. I now I have decided on the 46 sony HX703 which I has a very good picture and looks a nice set..

I was so disappointed with the panasonic as I had been lookig forward to it and having read some reviews.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Each to their own. I am quite the opposite and have just changed out my HX703 at home for the V20. By the sounds of it you saw a VT20 which IMO is one of the best sets you can buy right now.

D

Deleted member 2457

So it was the freeview pictures you were disapointed with, with the panasonic tv?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

TheHomeCinemaCentre:Each to their own. I am quite the opposite and have just changed out my HX703 at home for the V20. By the sounds of it you saw a VT20 which IMO is one of the best sets you can buy right now.

Hi Nick

What is the freeview tuner like on the 50V20?

Thanks

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Nick. It must have been the VT20 you saw, as V20 is not a 3D TV.

And I also think it is one of the best sets around.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Myself and m'colleague spent some time looking at a 50VT20 the other week, I've got to admit when the sales droid put it onto a freeview channel it did look awful, really blocky. We were standing right in front of it though, don't know what it would have looked like if we'd been at a more appropriate distance.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
TV's in shops look rubbish most of the time anyway

If the TV was calibrated and tuned a little bit, it would ten times better!!

Plus the TV's have a SHOP setting (especially Panasonic) where everything is turned up max etc

nah my friend has that TV and its pretty sweet
emotion-4.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The HD 3D images looked fine, it was only the freeview picture that looked poor, it was Wimbledon I think and wasn't helped by all the surrounding TVs showing the same thing in HD.

A

Anonymous

Even with SD, the pictures are very good indeed. Unless the signal or broadcast quality is pants, but that applies to any TV. It's certainly more prone to disruption of Freeview signals than the Pioneer it replaced though, but that's down to an aerial that's not optimal and that there are several sets being fed from it. The Pioneer had a signal booster built in, and the Pansonic does not.

On default 'home' settings, the difference between Wimbledon in HD and SD is clear to see, but the SD footage was perfectly watcheable.

A

Anonymous

Sorry it was the 50inch v20 and I meant HD not 3d you would have thought that out of 2 panasonic shops one would have it set up with a good picture.

A

Anonymous

Can anyone please recommend a good London dealer for the V20 at preferably a good price. Don't have to have in stock right now. Primary interest is in a company that can install properly and give good after sales support.

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:Each to their own. I am quite the opposite and have just changed out my HX703 at home for the V20. By the sounds of it you saw a VT20 which IMO is one of the best sets you can buy right now.

Me too. I have a V20 and am very happy with it. I have heard that the internal Freeview tuner is not up to much - neither would it have been if the shop was using a distributed freeview feed. Personally I am using a Humax Foxsat HDR and it looks great in SD and HD.

If you get a chance to see a set switch to the THX setup for a neutral and approximately calibrated picture.

Like Andrew - I dont know where you will get both a good price and a good demo. I think the two are mutually exclusive! I went for price - but I managed to get a good demo too, though only because I was persistent, went through the TV adjustments myself as well as bringing a variety of sources.

Personally I didn't get on with the 46HX703 - but it looked pretty.

TRENDING THREADS