Panasonic TXP46Z1 tv

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

This tv was reviewed by what hi fi at £4300 odd pound, but now can be had for "alot" less.

So i was just wandering does anyone own it and what they think of it?

What is the performance of the freeview tuner and blu ray picture like? Also what does it sound like?

I saw it in a couple of shops but did not really know what to think.

Any thoughts with it? is it better than the panaonics 42V20? or the panasonic 50V20?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:I saw it in a couple of shops but did not really know what to think.

Well, you could have thought 'Hey! This is really good'. Or maybe 'Hmmm, this is a bit pants'. Or even 'That reminds me, the gestation period of a humpback whale is around 11.5 months.'

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

Well, you could have thought 'Hey! This is really good'. Or maybe 'Hmmm, this is a bit pants'. Or even 'That reminds me, the gestation period of a humpback whale is around 11.5 months.'

Well, it was actually this is a bit pants, £4300 odd pound is someone having a laugh but sometimes looks can be deceiving and i was wandering if i was missing something? Or was it just a bad feed.

A

Anonymous

gel:Andrew Everard:

Well, it was actually this is a bit pants, £4300 odd pound is someone having a laugh but sometimes looks can be deceiving and i was wandering if i was missing something? Or was it just a bad feed.

I'm sure the recipient of the £4,300 would subsequently be able to enjoy rather a good feed.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gel

I own this tv and have to say it's the best Panasonic plasma tv ive bought in recent years (ive upgraded my tv 3 times in 3 years and all of them were Panasonic plasma tv's).

The freeview picture is very very good compared to some of the recent plasma's from Panasonic and the blu ray picture is outstanding or Sky+ HD, i have been very happy with this tv and have had it for 7 months so far. I think it has the best design of any Panasonic tv and the build quality is top notch. The sound is better again compared to recent models as the Z1 has more drivers built into the detachable speakers. Ive had the pleasure of having the Z1 right next to the VT20 in our shop and have to say that the Z1 had a slightly better picture over the VT20, my colleagues also said the same!

I highly rate this tv and it can be found for under £2000.00, which is a steal!

D

Deleted member 2457

Panasonic Store:

Hi Gel

I own this tv and have to say it's the best Panasonic plasma tv ive bought in recent years (ive upgraded my tv 3 times in 3 years and all of them were Panasonic plasma tv's).

The freeview picture is very very good compared to some of the recent plasma's from Panasonic and the blu ray picture is outstanding or Sky+ HD, i have been very happy with this tv and have had it for 7 months so far. I think it has the best design of any Panasonic tv and the build quality is top notch. The sound is better again compared to recent models as the Z1 has more drivers built into the detachable speakers. Ive had the pleasure of having the Z1 right next to the VT20 in our shop and have to say that the Z1 had a slightly better picture over the VT20, my colleagues also said the same!

I highly rate this tv and it can be found for under £2000.00, which is a steal!

Hi Panasonic Store

That was excellent post
emotion-21.gif
thanks, i will go and really check it out again.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Getting a bit near to overstepping the House Rules mark there, PanasonicStore. Curb your enthusiasm, please...

Sorry Andrew, i dont know when im nearly overstepping the House Rules and will make sure to tone down a little ;)

A

Anonymous

I saw the Z1 a while back and I thought it had an excellent picture, didn't see it for long but it did look very good.

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
panasonic store do you know if any more plasmas r coming from panasonic and is the 3d v20 friendly with seperate audio i.e amp etc the sony is excellent for this feature because i can use one remote for everything is it possible with the panny and i was also looking at the z1 its fallen in price now dont know if its worth the 5STARS now?

A

Anonymous

tvspecv:

panasonic store do you know if any more plasmas r coming from panasonic and is the 3d v20 friendly with seperate audio i.e amp etc the sony is excellent for this feature because i can use one remote for everything is it possible with the panny and i was also looking at the z1 its fallen in price now dont know if its worth the 5STARS now?

There is one plasma on the way which is the 42" VT20 3D tv, other than that there is nothing else on the books until further notice. There is a top end LED tv from Panasonic on the way too.

The Viera link function is on all Panasonic tv's even last years and is remote friendly with amps as we've tried it out on Onkyo amps and the Viera link works perfectly through that, i cant comment on other makes of amps but ive heard no complaints yet.

As for the Z1, i think it's well worth the 5 stars due to the price reduction and what it offers.

D

Deleted member 2457

Panasonic Store:tvspecv:

There is one plasma on the way which is the 42" VT20 3D tv, other than that there is nothing else on the books until further notice. There is a top end LED tv from Panasonic on the way too.

The Viera link function is on all Panasonic tv's even last years and is remote friendly with amps as we've tried it out on Onkyo amps and the Viera link works perfectly through that, i cant comment on other makes of amps but ive heard no complaints yet.

As for the Z1, i think it's well worth the 5 stars due to the price reduction and what it offers.

Excellent news there with the 42VT20
emotion-21.gif
any idea of a price? Also i would imagine this will be in black is that right? Is it possilbe to get a panasonic 50V20 in black?

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

gel:Panasonic Store:tvspecv:

Excellent news there with the 42VT20
emotion-21.gif
any idea of a price? Also i would imagine this will be in black is that right? Is it possilbe to get a panasonic 50V20 in black?

Many Thanks

No idea of price at all. I think it could be priced around £1700 but i could be wrong? Yep it will be in the same colour finish as the 50" VT20. As for the 50V20 in black... unfortunately no is the answer. I like the V20 colour and would prefer the VT20 was in that finish but everyone has their own taste dont they.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Does this tv have a separate freeview box?

Or can it just work without one?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

gel:

Hi

Thanks

The way this tv works is that there is no tuner or connection inputs on the tv, just the wireless link or hard wired hdmi. All the connections that you need such as HDMI, scart, component etc are on a seperate media box which would then transmit the picture off a blu ray player for example to the tv wireless or hard wired via a HDMI between the media box and tv. The media box also contains a Ananlogue, Freeview and Freesat box built into it and thats the way it works, so you cannot run the tv without the media box as it contains all your connection methods with the bonus of all the tuners.

I hope that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 2457

Panasonic Store:gel:

Hi

Thanks

The way this tv works is that there is no tuner or connection inputs on the tv, just the wireless link or hard wired hdmi. All the connections that you need such as HDMI, scart, component etc are on a seperate media box which would then transmit the picture off a blu ray player for example to the tv wireless or hard wired via a HDMI between the media box and tv. The media box also contains a Ananlogue, Freeview and Freesat box built into it and thats the way it works, so you cannot run the tv without the media box as it contains all your connection methods with the bonus of all the tuners.

I hope that makes sense.

That's excellent
emotion-21.gif
yep it now makes perfect sense.

Thanks very much.

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree with panasonicstore, I'v had the tv for a few months now and nothing iv owned or seen in store recently comes close. The VT20 seems to have a relatively poor picture on SD images whereas the Z1 copes really well with poorer sources. I dont use the tuner box as everything goes through my receiver but when i did connect it, the images from its own tuners were excellent. Obvioulsy the HD content you will use will really show the set off. i was quite surprised at the difference over other TV's, even other Panasonic plasmas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts