Panasonic TX37LZD70 and 24fps

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Oh dear - I am new here and my first post (added to another thread) seems to have gone missing. So I'll try again .

I have read the reviews of the TX37LZD70 and it sounds like it could be 'the one'. Having gone through all the relevant threads Clare (I think) suggested that it supported real 24fps.

As she says it isn't in the specs so I emailed Panasonic and the reply I had from their customer service said:

"In order to provide you with a full response, I have taken the opportunity to consult with our resident technical support advisors. They have explained that this is not a 100hz set, it does not employ the motions picture pro circuitry and was not designed for 24fps"

So can someone tell me definitively if the TX37LZD70 does or does not support 24fps.

Many thanks

Ooops I just wanted to apologise as my original post has re-appeared on the other thread

Sorry to have duplicated the same question

A

Anonymous

I just wondered if I have had no response because nobody knows the answer.

If Clare is about have you any ideas on this?

Many thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the 37in LCD supports 24fps, too. Tested it thoroughly.

One of the testers here makes a fine supposition that because Panasonic's Blu-ray player doesn't support 24fps, they're not wanting to draw attention to the whole subject....

A

Anonymous

Those naughty Panny Persons !!. Me thinks the nice people at Sony PS3 Developnents will be having a Very Merry Christmas.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not necessarily... in a wonderful display of joined-up thinking, not all Sony Bravia TVs (even this season's sets) support native 1080p at 24fps.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Yes, the 37in LCD supports 24fps, too. Tested it thoroughly.

One of the testers here makes a fine supposition that because Panasonic's Blu-ray player doesn't support 24fps, they're not wanting to draw attention to the whole subject....

[/quote]

Thank you so much for your response Clare - made my day and my decision for me! I will be ordering the TX37LZD70 today! With our TV having to be positioned opposite a 10 foot south facing patio door, we decided an LCD would be our best option - that and being (as someone said on another thread!) green and hippyish!!

Once again thanks Clare and also thanks for the sneak review of the TX37LZD70. Keep up the great work with the magazine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts