panasonic tx-p50gt30 freezing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
purchased this tv about 2 weeks ago and i was gobsmacked how good it is compared to my 3 year old samsung but i do have an issue.

the tv freezes when switching from an external source to tv tuner sometimes can be as long as a minute before it responds or sometimes nothing at all, when this happens i have to turn off the tv by the front power button and back on again to resume normal use. Anyone else having this issue???? have done a firmware update(none available). This is a frusstrating issue for a fairly high end tv |(

A

Anonymous

just random all inputs govia amp into hdmi 1 on tv, sure its happened when just been watching normal(freesat)tv and pressed guide and freeze |(, just like what a computer does.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Nothing we've encountered.

I would suggest you try another HDMI socket to rule out problems with 1, but if you've had issues with internal tuner as well then it's not a connectivity issue. Sadly you may have to contact your retailer re a swap.

A

Anonymous

ok thanks claire will give it a go, i have sent panasonic an email, no reply as yet

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If your set is still under warranty - which i assume it is, as a recent purchase - your first point of contact should be your retailer, not Panasonic.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
This does sound like an issue with the tv i'm afraid as it's so random, listen to Clare and contact your retailer for advice but as it's within the 1st year of purchase you are covered by the manufacturers warranty and it will be either repaired or replaced. Personally, as the tv is so new, i would want a replacement and not a repair. Keep the thread updated with how you get on if you can, sorry you have an issue and i hope you get it resolved quickly.

A

Anonymous

got this from panasonic

ISSUE RESOLUTION: Dear Mr Olphert,

I am sorry to learn of the circumstances that have prompted you to contact our department.

Unfortunately, without sight of the unit it is very difficult for us to determine the exact nature of the problem. Therefore I would advise you to consult a service engineer for further investigation.

In or out of guarantee you can take it to an authorised service agent for attention. Those in your local area can be found through our website;

- www.panasonic.co.uk
- Select ‘support’
- Select ‘service agent locator’
- Enter your postcode & select your product group

For an under guarantee repair, if you elect to use the services of a company which does not hold an account with Panasonic, they would be unable to submit a claim for repairs and would therefore be required to make a charge to either yourself or your retailer. This would not be refundable by Panasonic.

just a thought though last night i tried a few things, went form external source(hdmi) and after i turned power off to source it switch back automatically, but if i press the tv button thats when it freezes(i'm impatient!!) so it may be like on a pc when you click something twice and theres a lack of memory so it freezes, can't do 2 things at once obviously!! (with GT in it's name it must be a male!!!!!!)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
nickolp,

That's how i use mine, i just turn on the power to the source i want to use and it switches over automatically so i've never used the manual option. As long as hdmi control is switched on for all your sources you shouldn't have an issue.

If the problem does persist however then don't go back to Panasonic but contact your retailer as they are responsible for repairing or replacing during the 1st year of warranty...hopefully that won't be necessary though.

Best regards, Oldboy.

A

Anonymous

thx oldboy i will try and be patient and see how i get on, thx for your advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts