Panasonic plasma or Samsung LED

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm in the market for a 50+ inch tv but cannot decide what to get in terms of plasma or LED. The models i'm considering are a Panasonic TX 50GT30B or a Samsung 55D7000 and I would use for the the following (in order of preference):

1. HD TV

2. Gaming

3. Blu ray

I had a look at the panasonic in currys today and liked the PQ but I also liked the vivid picture of the samsung (at a significantly higher price) so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were these models and what their recomendations would be?

Another thing i'm unsure about is whether or not if plasmas suffer from image retention or not.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

The Panasonic 50GT30B gets my vote, no IR when my son plays on mini ninjas or FIFA 11 for hours on end BTW.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have read from a reliable source that they spotted signs of image retention on the 50GT30, if they left a bright image element stationary on the screen for even just a few minutes - although these issues 'should' diminish over time, and can be removed easily via a provided 'screen wipe' feature.

A

Anonymous

Gel, I've read the same reviews elsewhere, put as an owner all I can do is comment on the one I have, and as mentioned previously my son plays on the 360 a lot, and mine has no IR what so ever, where as the 50C6900 I had previously I had to use the screen wipe every night.

D

Deleted member 2457

markjaspi said:
Gel, I've read the same reviews elsewhere, put as an owner all I can do is comment on the one I have, and as mentioned previously my son plays on the 360 a lot, and mine has no IR what so ever, where as the 50C6900 I had previously I had to use the screen wipe every night.

Hi

I was not questioning what you said - not at all, I believed 100% what you said. I just knew about the info I posted and I thought the poster could find it useful.

Cheers

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys.

markjaspi - have you come across any motion issues when gaming? I was looking on another forum and came across a lot of posts by people claiming they experienced serious motion issues when gaming on a console (especially with games with lower framerates of 30fps...).

At the moment this is only thing that stopping me from ordering one so would like your opinions.

A

Anonymous

I've not noticed any issues personally, but to honest I'm not a big gamer, I bought the latest halo and never played it. It's mainly my son who plays FIFA, and I don't suppose this is the type of game that would show any issues of that nature.

A

Anonymous

If you are a sports fan, and watch a lot of sport on TV, I would be inclined to avoid the Samsung. Its motion handling is a bit suspect in this area.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Panasonic every time.

What will they call true LED TVs if they ever hit the market?

The Samsung is LED Backlit... LCD just for the record.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
creepy said:
If you are a sports fan, and watch a lot of sport on TV, I would be inclined to avoid the Samsung. Its motion handling is a bit suspect in this area.

Does that mean the samsung wont be great for gaming (which is one of my main uses for the tv)?

Is screen burn still an issue with plasmas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts