Panasonic GT30B

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the Panasonic GT 30 yesterday and i think it is great so i am ready to buy

BUT

There is a lot of documented problems with 50hz bug and fluctuation brightness etc

Is it any better on the 2011 models or should I go for something else?

Are there less issues with the VT if so i would rather spend the extra £500 for less hassle down the line.

Any advise would be helpful before I pend my hard earned cash.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've found it a clear step up from last year (compare our reviews of this year's 42GT30 with last year's 42GT20; none of the fluctuations we found in the latter, for example), and there are several owners on here whom agree.

Most importantly you have seen the set for yourself; get extra assurance from your retailer that you can return it if there are any issues and then I would say you're good to go.

Re comparison with. vT30 - we don't think the VT is such good value as the GT: the sets are so close in performance, we'd spend the cash you save on feeding the GT with as good a feed as possible - even if that just means buying lots of new Blu-rays :)

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
if you are interested in 3d though the VT30 is good value.. when i bought the GT didnt come with 3d glasses, so when you added the price of two 3d glasses into the mix you werent far off the price of the VT.. i dont think the wifi dongle is included with the GT either (might be wrong here) if you have to buy it i think its about 80 quid

Cheers,
Mick

Clare Newsome said:
We've found it a clear step up from last year (compare our reviews of this year's 42GT30 with last year's 42GT20; none of the fluctuations we found in the latter, for example), and there are several owners on here whom agree. Most importantly you have seen the set for yourself; get extra assurance from your retailer that you can return it if there are any issues and then I would say you're good to go. Re comparison with. vT30 - we don't think the VT is such good value as the GT: the sets are so close in performance, we'd spend the cash you save on feeding the GT with as good a feed as possible - even if that just means buying lots of new Blu-rays :)

A

Anonymous

Mine will be here on Monday. I was gutted I couldn't take it away. 2 pairs of glasses, and a 1.4 HDMI £1138, Currys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts