Panasonic EPG

Squonk

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
I have Pana 46GT30 TV and a Pana DMR-BWT720 recorder

Now the EPG on BWT720 is sooo much better than the GT30, for a start it uses the full screen width but it also recognises ITV and Channel 4 HD so when you select a program on ITV1 for instance, it asks whether you want to watch it in HD instead. The GT30 only does this for BBC channels which is really annoying!

So this may be a stupid question but is it possible to upgrade the EPG on my TV to the same one that is used on the BWT720?

Cheers

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Somehow I doubt it, but why don’t you just select the ITV and C4 HD channel in the first place?

The only reason I ever use the SD version (as with BBC) is for local programming, which usually only ever constitutes the regional news programmes.

Squonk

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that, I guessed that would be the case but thought I'd check.

Sizzers said:
Somehow I doubt it, but why don’t you just select the ITV and C4 HD channel in the first place?

The only reason I ever use the SD version (as with BBC) is for local programming, which usually only ever constitutes the regional news programmes.

I do just select the HD channels in the first place, I was just highlighting the differences between the two. I suppose I use the EPG on the BWT-720 a lot more so it just highlights how clunky the GT30 EPG is by comparison.

Cheers and thanks again.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have a 2008 panasonic freesat tv very rarely do i watch the SD channels apart from channel 5, i just type in the HD channel numbers on the tv & i don't have a problem, mind you i don't use the epg much, i tend to use the tv guide.

Wednesday's at 21:00 are difficault because you have DCI Bancks on itv, grand designes on channel 4 and Dallas on channel 5, i usually watch one then +1 at ten o'clock & record the other. :)

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well it’s a thoroughly vile EPG in any case IMO.

The most annoying thing for me is when you go to the guide and it mutes the sound *Grrr*. I could also go on about the whole menu system but at least the pic does the job!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts