Panasonic DP-UB450EB

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
In recommending Sony X700 over Panasonic DP-UB450EB, I have doubts as I have seen a lot of complaints about the Sony X700 but not the Panasonic DP-UB450. Does anyone else share my concern?

Madrox

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
The cheaper model from Panasonic get a 5 for audio, this one a 4. While thay same themselves it is actually the same machine. Go figure. That, and it is passthrough digital audio. Meaning, these players do nothing for the sound, your TV or home cinema reciever does that.

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
The cheaper model from Panasonic get a 5 for audio, this one a 4. While thay same themselves it is actually the same machine. Go figure. That, and it is passthrough digital audio. Meaning, these players do nothing for the sound, your TV or home cinema reciever does that.
Hope you enjoy your cheap player.

People who think audio reality and IT theory are the same... are they forever puzzled why more expensive audio gear magically sounds better than the cheap stuff? :rolleyes:

Madrox

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Hope you enjoy your cheap player.

People who think audio reality and IT theory are the same... are they forever puzzled why more expensive audio gear magically sounds better than the cheap stuff? :rolleyes:
I am not talking abou that dude, you missed totally my point. Those two bluray players are both cheap, One a little cheaper then the other. Fact is they are from the same series, internally there is hardly/if any difference. the more expensive one has a bit more features. so, know, do you get it?

Expensive gear can sound superb, but snake oil cables and other "magical" stuff, never measured, have little to do with. Other then making it sound even worse (noise floor wise) to get that "magical" humm. Do not start about it, i know it all. My stereo amp is for example a Moon Audio, and yes, that makes 1000times more difference then a snake oil cable of 10.000 euro. Only for the audiofool believers, the "holy grail".

In blind test, they all fail....lol you have to see that monster cable, to believe it, huh....omg, lol

Anyway, the only thing the bluray player have to for a true audiofool, is passing through the audio bits. Nothing more, nothing less. Your high end gear is taking care of it, as it should. That is why digital signals are so cool, you do not lose quality over the line, no interferance of electrical elements, nada, nothing.

Expensive gear can sound superb, but snake oil cables and other "magical" stuff, never measured, have little to do with. Other then making it sound even worse (noise floor wise) to get that "magical" humm. Do not start about it, i know it all. My stereo amp is for example a Moon Audio, and yes, that makes 1000times more difference then a snake oil cable of 10.000 euro. Only for the audiofool believers, the "holy grail".
This thread is nothing to do with cables, so please stay on topic as per forum rules.

Reactions: Arron

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I am not talking abou that dude, you missed totally my point. Those two bluray players are both cheap, One a little cheaper then the other. Fact is they are from the same series, internally there is hardly/if any difference. the more expensive one has a bit more features. so, know, do you get it?

They have two different main circuit boards with different components. Possibly the same transport but that's not guaranteed.

Anyway, the only thing the bluray player have to for a true audiofool, is passing through the audio bits. Nothing more, nothing less. Your high end gear is taking care of it, as it should. That is why digital signals are so cool, you do not lose quality over the line, no interferance of electrical elements, nada, nothing.

That "passing through the audio bits" means you don't understand circuits. Yes, the file that gets transferred will be exactly the same bit for bit. And that means nothing because audio equipment isn't IT equipment. All circuits make noise because everything outside of a chip is analogue. So two players transferring exactly the same file can sound different because they can have different circuit noise, jitter, signal isolation, etc. Those reach the speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts