Panasonic DP-UB150EB

Madrox

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
With few features and a no-frills approach, does this Panasonic Blu-ray player make the grade on performance alone?

Panasonic DP-UB150EB : Read more

Best What Hifi, i just became member to enlighten you some things. Your Blu ray reviews are just too silly to stay quiet.

So for example, you say about this player:

"Ultimately, we'd recommend stretching to the Sony UBP-X700 if you can, but if you're looking for a punchy picture and solid sound on a seriously low budget, then this looks like the 4K Blu-ray player for you."

punchy picture? Really? All players give the same picture, as long as the laser is doing its job. The only thing that can change the picture quality, are the upscalers. Pure a chip/software thing. When you do not upscale, the picture should be the same, on all players. If not, the industry is at fault, by brute forcing "quality" differences.

About the sound, it is passthrough audio, meaning the player does not alter anything, just pass them over to , for me in this case, mu Cambridge Audio recievers DAC, which give me a supurb sound. The player does nothing to the sound. So again, reading your reviews make me laugh and cry. It is a utter pity.

Now, the things we like to know, are not spoken off. How is the remote control? Does the player support DLNA over the USB port. DivX support? Does it handle selfmade DVD's well? Nothing about that. I konw why, because in most cases it cost you too much time.

TRENDING THREADS