panasonic dmp-bd80

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi

would like some advice on upgrading to a standalone bd player over my ps 3.

my system consists of

panasonic th-42pz700 full hd plasma tv

crane audio ociana 5 5.1 speakers

yamaha dsp-ax861 amp with hdmi

ps3 used for bd play back

sky+

i would like to upgrade to a stand alone bd player my local sony centre told me to stick with my ps3 over there 5 star winner 550

bd player and richersounds also told me i would not see much of an upgrade with the panasonic dmp-bd80 so it has left confused.

i would like to see a differance in picture and sound.

can anyone help

kind regards

adrian

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The main difference by all accounts is an increase in sound quality. The difference in picture quality between the PS3 and a budget player is marginal. Some might argue that the higher end machines don't justify their price tags either! The loading times are not however and this is where the PS3 still rules supreme. The new Oppo player is generating a lot of buzz with excellent pic/sound quality and fast loading times and excellent upscaling of SD. I have considered a stand-alone to replace my PS3 but as none offer the increase in quality I'm looking for, I have kept my credit card firmly in my wallet. Perhaps the new Oppo might change that... Loading times are high up on my wishlist amongst other features as using my HDDVD player when compared to the speedy PS3 is a pain....

I would recommend a demo, so that you can appreciate the differences for yourself.

A

Anonymous

hi

thanks for the info it is very much appreiciated i will take a look at the oppo thanks again.

regards

ade1712

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts