Panasonic DMP BD55 - HDMI & 7.1 wiring

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have just bought the Panasonic DMP BD55 BluRay DVD and will be connecting it to my Marantz SR 7001 surround ound decoder.

My question is (as I cannot seem to understand it from the manual) if I connect it to the Marantz via the HDMI cable do I also need to make the seperate 7.1 sound output connections into the Marantz in order to get the full benefit of the sound processing from the DVD?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers, SF.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From the look of it, the HDMI on that amp is 1.2 spec meaning you can send LPCM audio via the HDMI. What you can't do is bitstream the Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master Audio soundtracks as it can't decode them. So as long as you have the Panny Blu-Ray player set to decode these formats onboard and output as LPCM, everything should be fine via HDMI.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. Would it be any easier/possible to use the Digital Optical audio connection from the DVD to the Amp to transmit TrueHD / DTS HD (and the other audio signals)? If you use this optical connection does it override the HDMI audio output?

Cheers,

SF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts