Panasonic DMP-BD35 or 55...that is the question?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help needed guys, I've read in a couple of forums that Panasonic BD players are multiregion for DVD's out of the box, is this correct?

Also, has anyone purchased a chipped fully multiregion (Blu-Ray and DVD)? Is it worth investing the extra cash?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

It is not true that the Panasonic Blu-ray players are multi-region out of the box, you will not find any for sale in the UK from any manufacturer that are. It is perhaps worth getting a player multi-regioned for DVD as this is fairly simple and cheap, however making them multi-region for Blu-ray is quite a bit more expensive (about £100) so that's a tougher question to which the majority of people would answer no,

Bear in mind also, that upgrading the machines in this way will normally void the manufacturers guarantee.

A

Anonymous

I got my DMP-BD55 delivered already set to multiregion for DVDs. I beleive the supplier must open it and run whatever code is required to make it multiregion. I believe manufacturers aren't allowed to supply them multiregion out of the box.

There was an option to go multiregion for Blu-Ray as well, but it cost £120 more. I didn't bother going for it.

A

Anonymous

Plenty of retailers selling MR for DVD Pannys. I bought mine at Richer Sounds.

A

Anonymous

DVD/Blu-ray players are multi-regioned by the retailer. They do not come from the manufacturer in this state. Most manufacturer's guarantees are voided when upgraded by the retailer in this way.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, I see the point. Technically, you cannot buy them "out of the box" as multi-region because the retailer opens the box and makes them multi-region. However, I think we can say, when you buy them from the retailer and they are already multi-region enabled, for all intents and purposes as a consumer, they are multi-region out of the box.

Oh, and though it voids the manufactuerers warranty, you'll find any decent retailer will cover that for you. Richer Sounds certainly did for me and also guarantee that any future firmware upgrades for the player will work just fine as well, so just speak to them and make sure that is the case before you buy. The same is true for any multi-region DVD players as well by the way so this is hardly a new practice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts