Panasonic BWT740: Timer recordings currently failing - all else normal. Help!

Rupert

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Programmes I've set to record have suddenly stopped recording as of Sunday (Saturday night's programmes recorded but nothing on Sunday). In the Prog/Check section I can see the failed recording in a shaded box with a red cross within a square under the 'Space' column. There is plenty of space left for more timer recordings and there's loads of space on the hard drive.

I can see programmes I've set to record when I look at the programme guide via the green remote control button. The Prog/Check section also shows they've been successfully selected to record at the appointed time. It just seems that when that time arrives the process gets 'stuck' and won't advance any further.

I can still record programmes manually, but as I have to be there to see the start time of the programme before pressing the 'record' button, that's only going to be a temporary work around.

I've had the recorder since October 2014 and the software version appears to be 1.12 .. it's set up to automatically update at 3.00am if a new version becomes available, so I'm assuming it has the latest version installed. I've not recently changed my way of working this unit so the current situation is both a mystery and a pain.

Anybody got any ideas, please?

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi, my Panasonic does this sometimes.

A factory reset has always cured it for me, sometimes it all seems to lockup.

You will have to reset all the timer programmes.

abacus

Before doing a factory reset, remove the mains and wait for 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this solvers the problem. (That way you don’t lose any timer recordings)

If it still fails, then the only other option is the factory reset.

Hope this helps

Bill

Rupert

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
abacus said:
Before doing a factory reset, remove the mains and wait for 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this solvers the problem. (That way you don’t lose any timer recordings)

If it still fails, then the only other option is the factory reset.

Hope this helps

Bill

Thanks Bill, that actually worked a treat! I did exactly as you suggested, turned everything back on again, programmed something to record after I'd gone to bed and lo and behold this morning it had managed it.

All data on the hard drive was untouched and my timer programming selection was still there too. Fingers and toes crossed, that will be the end of it.

TRENDING THREADS