Panasonic Blue Ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone help..funds are limited and I am considering the Pioneer BD60 Blue Ray player. My question is until I can afford to replace my surround sound system can it utilise my existing Pioneer DV55 all in one system for sound output and if possible what is the best method to connect.

A

Anonymous

1. As your funds are limited, I would strongly suggest you getting the Panasonic DB35 at about £160.00. Picture quality is identical to the DB60 (I have tested the DB35 against a DB80 and found no difference in picture quality - the picture processing technology is the same)

2. Your current system will not support HD Audio. Do you have an optical output? Even if you do, you will still only hear Dolby D, and nothing more. I had a similar problem with my previous system, a Pioneer DCS363 - no choice but to sell it as it had no optical option even.

3. Enjoy the splendid blu-ray pictures for now - make sure you get a good HDMI cable. Save up and get a good AV receiver and speaker system.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
pionus:Can someone help..funds are limited and I am considering the Pioneer BD60 Blue Ray player. My question is until I can afford to replace my surround sound system can it utilise my existing Pioneer DV55 all in one system for sound output and if possible what is the best method to connect.

As long as your DV55 has a Optical In then you will still be able to use it for standard Dolby and DTS just not HD audio formats.

A

Anonymous

Where can I purchase optical cables and does anyone have any idea on the price...thanks

A

Anonymous

They are easily found. Sold be almost every retailer and on E-Bay. I used the Chord Optichord Optical cable which I found did the job for my Sky HD.

Go through the review section on the WHF site and you'll have an idea - I'm surprised you have not done that already as your first means of reference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts