Panasonic BD60 vs BD80 sound quality - is the BD80 better?

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

When it came to sound quality on the BD35 vs BD55 most reviews mentioned a noticable improvement in sound with the BD55 compared to BD35. Do you think this goes for the BD80 as well? It does have the ability to turn of analog video out, which should improve the sound quality, but has anyone tested this to be true?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got a full review of the BD80 coming out in our next issue (with subscribers from end of next week; in shops first week in June) - it includes a direct A/B comparison for sound and vision with the BD60.....

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

We've got a full review of the BD80 coming out in our next issue (with subscribers from end of next week; in shops first week in June) - it includes a direct A/B comparison for sound and vision with the BD60.....

Another edition? Life goes by at a heck of a rate, eh?!

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:I think you'd be hard pushed to hear any difference between the two, if anything at all.

I agree totally. I compared my BD35 to the BD80 and found no difference in both picture and sound quality.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:
FrankHarveyHiFi:I think you'd be hard pushed to hear any difference between the two, if anything at all.

I agree totally. I compared my BD35 to the BD80 and found no difference in both picture and sound quality.

I concur.

A

Anonymous

If you send bitstream audio via HDMI from the player to the receiver/processor would it makes sense that there won't be virtually no difference at all between the BD-60 and the BD-80 in terms of sound quality?

More specifically, would the so-called High Clarity Sound have any impact on audio if the player is used as transport (decoding made in the receiver/processor)?

A

Anonymous

If you send bitstream audio via HDMI from the player to the receiver/processor would it makes sense that there won't be virtually no difference at all between the BD-60 and the BD-80 in terms of sound quality?

More specifically, would the so-called High Clarity Sound have any impact on audio if the player is used as transport (decoding made in the receiver/processor)?

A

Anonymous

I think the server on this forum experienced some glitches, which explains the multiple posts...

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Melomaniac:If you send bitstream audio via HDMI from the player to the receiver/processor would it makes sense that there won't be virtually no difference at all between the BD-60 and the BD-80 in terms of sound quality? More specifically, would the so-called High Clarity Sound have any impact on audio if the player is used as transport (decoding made in the receiver/processor)?

Have a read of Tom's post in this thread

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/263150.aspx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts